Falling into Fall…The Intel community has also been a place full of new growth and professional development. With topics on current trends in technology, pedagogical discussions, and plans on incorporating more Web 2.0; the Ed-tech chatter has been active.
Community Winners Announced:
Stay tuned to hear details on our next drawing…
Discussion Highlight - 21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our Times by Bernie Trilling & Charles Fadel
Paige Johnson (Kuni) has started a discussion with Author Charles Fadel regarding 21st Century skills and his new book. Find out why Charles was inspired to write this book and ask the author your questions.
· The Great Shirt Give Away! Act now, order your free shirts. Limited supply.
From Teachers Engage Main Page:
- Something cool- the next gen of encyclopedia? Wolfram Alpha – what do you think of search engine? Is this the direction we’re headed?
- Educational Journey and Presenting in South Africa – See what Senior Trainer Naomi Harms discovered about ICT in South African schools and how the power of cell phone technology in classrooms.
- How do you Use a Flip Video in Education? – Need some cool ideas for using Flip Cams? Look no further.
- I’m a Googler; are You? – Great discussion over some of Google’s best applications for education including the new Google Squared and the Wonder Wheel which make earching visual and more effective.
- Latest Learning – discover some of the current Web 2.0 tools teachers are implementing this year
- The Reality vs. Myths of Digital Natives – Excellent open forum discussion on what we believe students can do tech-wise compared to how they are truly wired to learn with technology.
- Wave Hello to the Future by Judi Yost. Curious about Google Wave?
- Creativity: Out of the Art Closet by Peggy Grant. How important is creativity in the classroom?
Webinars and Events:
- Intel Essentials SpOOktacular: One of our trainers is inviting you to a global event
- ST Live! Today, October 15th @ 5 pm PDT. Grab your headset and enter our Virtual Room http://engageteachers.acrobat.com/seniortrainers/ (All members of community are invited too!)
- This month’s theme Great Googly Moogly – Exploring some of Google’s hidden treasures: Google Squared, Wonder Wheel, Timeline Searching, Google Image filters, Google Calendar – now add your sports teams.
- If anyone has seen or played with Google Wave, we definitely want you to pop in and share. Many of us are itching to see what this can really do.
Tips of the month –
· Groups – Check out the new documentation for using a group in the community.
· Community permissions have changed. In order to view content you must now login.
See you online! The Teachers Engage Community Team