The tools in this area provide ideas for designing an elements course to best meet the needs of your professional development program, your audience, and course duration.
- Order Facilitation Materials - request CDs to support course delivery.
- View Facilitation Guides - Facilitation Guides that promote good facilitation practices and include content such as facilitator checklists, discussion prompts and suggested timeline
- Syllabi for Combined Courses – Example syllabi show how modules and lessons can be created by combining lessons or modules of multiple courses for a particular audience. Use these modifications as a guide in creating your own variation of elements course. This area is for sharing course syllabi that you create.
- Case Studies – Case studies present scenarios of how facilitators are using the elements courses to meet their teacher professional development needs. They profile current facilitators and their strategies, tips, and tricks. You will see different formats such as face-to-face, online and hybrid options.
- Professional Learning Communities - Explore ways to integrate Professional Learning Communities into your facilitation of Elements courses.
As you review the syllabi and case studies think about your audience and what will meet the needs of the educators you work with. If you have questions or other course organization ideas to share, review the discussions, post your comment in a related discussion or start a new discussion if there is not a thread on your topic.