I had to log onto the website flo3 intel-pb works.com. I had to down load and open files to help assist me with my unit plan. I went to special needs, non-native speakers, and gifted/talented students. I will use the model to help with my presentation.
Today we worked on accomodations for our students. We determined the different ways we were differentating for our students. We are working hard at finishing the unit plan, so next week we can work on our finishing touches. Overall, it was a good day and I accomplished alot. Hopefully, I will be ready to present on December 12th!
Today we worked on student accomodations. we determinedd the different ways we were differentiating for our students. We completed the components for our unit plan. Hopefully, next week we will complete everything and be ready to present our work on December 12.
Only one more week until I show my unit plan. I'm a little scared. Today though we learned about differentation for students will special need, GT, and nonnative speakers. putting this into the unit plan is very important b/c not everyone learns the same way. Jen helped out a lot as usual!
After viewing Mr. Woodbury's sample (again) we are feeling more secure about how to (begin) to pull our work together....
This eve we completed the accomodations portion of our unit lesson plan. I also went back to my unit plan and shortened it to make the assignment a little more manageable...I'd tackled too much for one unit.
Additionally, I went back to working one of my "student samples" which is a Prezi presentation...beginning to figure it out.
Here we go... Today we learned how to differentiation for students wil special needs, GT, and nonnative speakers. We put some ideas in our Unit Plans and worked on filling in some more information to complete the unit plan. Only one more week to work... Getting a bit overwhelmed, but it's coming together Robin was a joy to work with again and Coach Ross is always a great ending to the evening...
Tonight we focused on differentiated instruction and how we can engage all learners. Specific strategies must be included in unit plans to focus on students with special needs, nonnative speakers, and giftted and talented students. We also got a chance to look at an example of a unit plan presentation. The final countdown is on!
We learn the cool way of assessment. I had to log on to rubistar4 teacher.org. Also, I had develop the multimedia project for the assessment rubrics. I used the free throw percentages power-point for student sample.
Tonight we finished students samples. We created a power point of how to add fractions. A physical experiment was done and photographed. This served as a visual and as hands-on work for the students. We also used rubistar4teachers to assess the students work. After creating rubrics we defined other ways of assessing the students' work. We highlighted the work that would need to be done before, during, and after the project for the students. Finally we finished writing our assessment summary for our unit plan. A lot was done tonight and a lot was learned!
Tonight we finished our students samples. I created a Power Point with pictures of how to add fractions. This was another way for students to visualize adding fractions and get involved in the learning proicess. Then we used rubistar4teachers to create rubrics to assess the students work. After we created rubrics we identified other ways of assessing students work. In my unit plan, I will have students journal, create a K-W-L chart, do think-pair-share along with many other assessments. I then finished writing my assessment summary for my unit plan. The plan is really starting to come along!!!
RubiStar is AMAZING!!! I learned the easiest way to create a rubric ever!! I am very excited about this website. It will make creating rubrics so much easier. I will definitely be using this a LOT in the future
So excited about what I learned tonight. There is a website that will let you create a rubric and use it as an assessment. Rubistar is amazing! It makes creating rubrics easier and faster! Easier and faster is something I like when it comes to teaching and assessing.
Tonight we visited Rubistar4teachers.com to create rubrics for our student assessments. I created three. We also updated our unit plan. We are learning a lot of things, and time is going really fast. So the brain has to speed up. WOW!!!
Last night we reached the halfway point of the Intel course. A lot of new learning took place. We were shown what some of the students from previous classes had done. We then registered for Glogster, and we actually created and incorporated some student assessments. This course has taken me out of my comfortable comfort zone, but I will not give up. This is truly a valuable learning experience for me.
I enjoyed working on the computer to find the website edu.glogter.com for the first time. I had to complete the proper information form needed to create a new glog. We are going to create three students samples for the lesson plan.
Tonight was really fun. We got to create a glog for our student samples. I kept deleting mine by accident, but I got the idea. I have to have three student samples and I think I will actually get those from the students. I am learning!
Glogster was the fair of the evening...interesting site. I fooled with it most of the night with some help from anyone I could grab...thanks Joe, Cindy and Ella. I have a rough Glog going, but PROMISE to get to it between now and then (next Monday eve):)
Wow, now we're really getting into the crazy stuff. It was fun trying to think like a First Grader tonight... I can't wait to try this with my class towards the end of the year. Again, it was fun and Cindy and Joe were crazy helpful!!! Can't wait for next week