Q1) What type of teaching and assessment tools can be made with the help of a word processing software? How do these tools make you more productive and organized as a teacher?
Q2) How can you motivate students to make use of the iterative cycle (plan-do-review-share) for completion of specific tasks?
Q3) While showcasing an activity / task, how can students act as critical friends for their peers? How can students benefit from the feedback received from peers?
1.when the students are given ample of opportunities to express themselves and come up with their given quarries. The activities should be to the level of the students so that the students find it interesting and beneficial.
2. By highlighting the important points and give them proper instructions .
3.By monitoring them properly and giving them different task to make them responsible.
Ans1: Word processing programs have transformed the process, it provides us facility to edit, rearrange and even proof papers before printing a single word.Worksheets could be made attractive. Certificates can be designed to appreciate the performance of the students.
Ans 2: In order to carry out any plan in a systematic way and avoid errors Iterative cycle is a useful methodolgy , so students will be explained its effectiveness to motivate them to make use of it.
Ans 3: Classroom management plays a significant role in these type of activities. Before any presentation students will be asked to think and respond critically and side by side keep thinking about the solution if something is not suitable. In this way classroom environment will be manage properly as they not only have to criticize but also come up with some solutions.
1. Worksheets, hand outs, certificates and letter of appreciation can be created. We can save them, make modifications according to our needs and can use them whenever we want.
2. By bestowing with intrinsic and extrinsic rewards, we can transform even the reluctant students into willing learners.
3. The students should share not only their views, yet propose a way to bring improvement and that will surely lead to positive criticism.
1. Word processing programs are useful to make worksheets, quizzes, question papers, newsletters. certificates, arrow diagrams, etc.
2. By telling the students about its effectiveness, we can easily convince them to follow it.
3. Through a positive feedback, they can criticize for further improvement.
1. We can make different types of worksheets, question papers, certificates, etc which can help us to access the students more effectively.
2.By informing them that they can do error free work by practising the plan-do-review-share strategy.
3.When they share their activities,they can observe how the others have done and get insight and ideas from that, they can also point out mistakes done by others.
Several worksheets can be made by using the word processing software such as, related to grammatical exercises, comprehension tests, cloze tests, essay or story samples and so on. They can be really helpful, as they will save the time for both the teacher and the students. Furthermore, it will be an organized lesson with such handouts. The level of interest and motivation is also increased at the same time.
They can be given a task based on a specific situation, which would have to be carried out in group or pairs. Competition between groups often raises the level of interest and motivates students. Additionally they will be following the iterative cycle as well. The tasks can be writing reports or speeches etc.
The students can act as critical friends for their peers by asking questions and by giving critical remarks for the sake of improvement. Such a feedback will create less offensive feelings in the heart of the presenter and he will try to work on his weaknesses.
1. using Microsoft word lesson planning becomes much more organized and simple. the assessment procedures improves a lot with the aid of worksheets, handouts, and appreciation documents.
2. practice and implantation of iterative cycle in the teaching plan by teachers will help students adapt to this system and later implement it in their study plan too.
3.The students should share not only their view, yet propose a way to bring improvement and that will surely lead to positive criticism
1. Questionnaire/Worksheets/Flowcharts/Diagrams can be made in order to assess the learning level of students. Word Processing allows us to make fast and easy changes as well as helps us to add pictures/ diagrams to explain a topic more effectively and make it interesting
2. The importance of planning before acting and then reviewing ones own work before its ready for presenting will be thoroughly explained . The teacher should demonstrate the working of iterative cycle, so that they may learn the benefits practically in order to carry out any plan in a systematic way and avoid errors . They can also motivated to follow iterative cycle via intrinsic and extrinsic rewards.
3. While showcasing an activity / task, students can be engaged in as observers , analysts and group leaders to act as positive critics, the feedback would enable them to identify their mistakes , share information and would raise their confidence level to learn and reflect.