6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 5:41 AM by gracelyn macatlang RSS

Module 4 Discussion 2: Assessment Table and Sample Instrument

Elleine Apprentice
Currently Being Moderated

Share your Assessment Table. Explain the purpose of each assessment, who uses it, and how it is used.

Share your sample assessment rubric or checklist and explain how you adapted it and how you will use it in your classroom.

Peer Feedback: Provide feedback to a partner, suggesting ways to improve the assessment table and sample rubric or checklist.

• Re: Module 4 Discussion 2: Assessment Table and Sample Instrument
    Novice

Share your Assessment Table. Explain the purpose of each assessment, who uses it, and how it is used.

Table of Assessment Strategies

Assessment

Process and Purpose of   Assessment

Questioning

Questioning   at the beginning of the project or activity helps identify the level of   understanding or knowledge my pupils have according to the task at hand or   story.

Peer   Feedback

Peer Feedback is done in order for them to be encourage to   share their own ideas and not only monopolize the giving of ideas.

Discussion

This is   done regularly in order to clear out any confusion as well as to share more   ideas about the topic.

Presentation   Rubric

Again this conducted in    order to know the performance of the pupils and what knowledge they   have gain regarding the task or activity.

Share your sample assessment rubric or checklist and explain how you adapted it and how you will use it in your classroom.

Role-Play Rubric—Elementary and Middle School

A rubric in student language written for elementary and middle school students to self-assess role-playing.

Keywords:
    Acting, communication

Instructions:
    Use this rubric as you plan how you will play your role.

Rating 1

Rating 2

Rating 3

Rating 4

Audience and Purpose

I have an excellent sense of the audience and purpose for   my role-play.

I have a good sense of the audience and purpose for my   role-play.

I have a fair sense of the audience and purpose for my   role-play.

I have not considered the audience or purpose for my   role-play.

Preparation

I am comfortable in my role, because I planned carefully   and practiced thoroughly.

I planned and practiced adequately.

I planned, but I did not practice enough.

I neither planned nor practiced.

Communication Techniques

I use my voice, costume, props, and gestures to make my   role believable and interesting.

I use my voice, costume, props, and gestures to make my   role believable.

I try to use my voice, costume, props, or gestures to make   my role believable.

I do not use my voice, costume, props, or gestures to make   my role believable.

Portrayal of Issues

I thoroughly and thoughtfully portray the main issues and   ideas relevant to my role. My facts are accurate and convincing.

I portray the main issues and ideas relevant to my role.   My facts are accurate.

I try to portray the main issues relevant to my role. Some   of my facts are missing or inaccurate.

I do not portray the main issues relevant to my role. Most   of my facts are missing or inaccurate.

Apprentice

Table of Assessment Strategies

Assessment

Brainstorming and Discussion

Questioning and student brainstorming is essential to   determine how much students know about the connection concepts related to measurements   before starting the project and to connect it to their personal lives.

Identify and Describing   Problems Rubric

Students use critical thinking skills to plan and   conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions   using appropriate tools and resources

Collaboration rubrics

To monitor students collaboration skills as they work   together on the project. Tell the students to refer to the rubric during   group work.

Group Task Rubric

Peers use the rubric to provide feedback to their classmates

Peer Assessment checklist

Students use the checklist to help guide the process   of providing feedback on their classmates’ project/portfolio.

Creativity Checklist

Students use the checklist during group work and   journal writing to think about how they are using creativity skills such as   fluency, flexibility, risk-taking, and elaboration

Presentation rubric

Students use the rubric to ensure they have met the project   expectations and to help them produce high-quality work.

Research process checklist

Students use the checklist to monitor their research   on Real life situation with regards to its connection in real number problems,   such as searching, sorting, organizing, and analyzing the information they   find.

Journal

Students need to have journal to have a learning log.

Teacher-students conferences

I meet the group to check for content understanding so   I can identify misconceptions and gaps to address in instruction. I answer   any questions students may have and monitor their progress on the project.

Argumentation Checklist

Students use the checklist so that they will have the basic   standards on assessing arguments

Presentation rubric

Students use the rubric to ensure they have revise the   project and to help them produce high-quality work that would show them the   21st_century skills.

Research reflection rubric

At the end of the unit, my students use the checklist   to help guide their reflections on areas of strength, areas needing improvement,   and setting new learning goals. I review the reflections to analyze student   understanding, metacognitive abilities, and growth throughout the unit

mite26 Novice

Assessment Instrument

When and How I Will Use

I will use these instruments for my PowerPoint   presentation topic "Why is there conflict?" This rubric not only   focuses on the technical aspects of design but also on oral, visual,   creativity, language, history, and values formation, thereby applying HOTS:   Cause and Effect, Decision Making, and, Analysis. The instructional   procedures follow the topic World War I created by Johanna Van Ness at http://www97.intel.com/en/AssessingProjects/AssessmentPlans/SecondaryAssessmentPlans/WorldWarI/index.htm with some revisions that I will make.

• Wiki

Students’ activities will take off on the use of our DCNHSOnline   (wiki) by answering the posted questions.

• Brainstorming

Students brainstorm reasons why wars occur to   demonstrate what they know about the topic and what misconceptions they may   have. This information helps the teacher assess students’ understanding and   plan activities that meet students’ needs.

• Discussion

Frequently throughout the unit,   students discuss relevant topics to activate background knowledge. Notes on   students’ contributions to the discussion are used to plan instruction and to   provide individual and group feedback.

• Journals

Students write in their journals   throughout the unit to explore their thoughts on a variety of subjects. The   information from these journal entries is used to provide individual and   group feedback as students work on their projects.

• World Maps

Each group color-code maps of   the world identifying which countries participated in WWI and which side they   were on. These maps help the teacher assess what students know about the   countries that participated in the war. Students assess their own growth   later in the unit by making new maps and comparing these maps to the original   ones.

• Anecdotal Notes

The teacher observes students as   they are working on their world maps and take notes on their understanding of   the concepts they are studying and their collaboration skills.

This checklist is used by   individual students throughout the newspaper project to self-assess their   collaboration skills.

Students use this rubric to   assess the collaboration skills of their group members.

• Collaboration   Reflection (Journals)

After creating the WWI   newsletter with their groups, students use their Collaboration   Self-Assessment Checklist to reflect on how well they worked with others.

• Group Conferences

The teacher meets briefly with   each group to ask questions about their progress and make sure their   checklists are accurate and up to date.

The checklist is used by   students in each group to help them think logically and systematically about   the United States’   decision to enter World War I.

Students use this checklist to   monitor their progress as they are working on their presentations.

This form is filled out by   students in a small group when the students practice their presentations to   give presenters information about how they can improve their presentations.

Students use this rubric as they   work on their presentations to make sure they are including all the necessary   components and doing high-quality work. The teacher also uses this rubric to   assess the final product.

• Informal   Interviews

As students are working on their   presentations, the teacher meets briefly with each student to review the   student’s checklist and discuss progress on the project.

• Reflection   (Journal)

In this end-of-unit reflection,   students assess their own learning during the unit and set goals for future   learning experiences. The teacher and students use this information to track   learning throughout the year.

Self-Assessment: Date ______

¨        I participated fully in all group activities.

¨        I assumed leadership in an appropriate way   when necessary to make sure we create a good newspaper.

¨        I listened carefully to what my group members   were saying.

¨        I gave my group members constructive feedback.

¨        I worked well with my team members.

¨        I helped my team members when they needed me.

¨        I did my fair share of the work.

¨        I completed my assigned tasks on time.

¨        I did not need to be reminded to stay on task.

¨        I treated my group members respectfully, even   when I disagreed with them.

¨        I tried to make working on the project an   enjoyable experience for my group.

¨        I maintained a positive attitude about the   project even when we were faced with challenges.

¨        I assumed leadership in an appropriate way   when necessary to make sure we create a good newspaper.

¨        I treated my group members respectfully, even   when I disagreed with them.

¨        I tried to make working on the project an   enjoyable experience for my group.

¨        I maintained a positive attitude about the   project even when we were faced with challenges.

¨        I assumed leadership in an appropriate way when   necessary to make sure we create a good newspaper.

¨        I maintained a positive attitude about the project   even when we were faced with challenges.

End-of-Project Self-Reflection

How did you do as a group member? What did you do well? What could you improve? Would you like to work in a group with someone like you?

Novice

Assessment

K-W-L-H

My   students will make an inventory of their knowledge to accomplish the project,   what they want to know about web designing and online writing, and later what   they learn and how they learn it.

Brainstorming   and Discussion

I use questions to elicit their knowledge and their view to   complete the project. This the good assessment to be paired with KWLH

Collaboration   Rubric

My   students will use this tool to monitor their collaboration skills and   encourage participation to accomplish their project.

Conferences

I schedule group conferences so that I could address   students needs and answers questions.

gracelyn macatlang Expert

Assessment

Process and Purpose of Assessment

Discussion / Brainstorming

To check on the capabilities of the learner, the lesson should start on the discussion and exchanging of ideas regarding ways in putting up a business or choice of product to be presented

Rubrics

To have an idea on how they will be rated, the orientation of Criteria for the presentation and formulation of slides to creating a design should be explained.

Anecdotal notes

When the students collaborate with the rest of their group members I will make sure to have an observation to identify who are the leaders and who are the followers within the team

Discussion and Collaboration

The student will formulate a group for them to discuss the ways on how to get more ideas in creating a presentation slides

gracelyn macatlang Expert

Assessment

Process and Purpose of Assessment

Self assessment

The students will get the chance to assess her performance based on her contribution within the group presentation

Creativity Checklist

As part of the teacher and student’s observation, the student leader will assess the level of creativity of her/his group members in creating a slide presentation

ICT Literacy

As a facilitator I will check on the technology they are using as well as how they managed to use it through research and product launch.

Presentation rubric and communication Rubric

Based on the criteria of assessment, the students will be rated based on how credible, fluent and articulate they are during their product presentation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...