The last month has been very exciting here at Intel Engage! The new Gamification features have been very exciting! Have you tried it yet? You have probably earned a badge already! To check your progress, see any badges you've earned and learn how to earn more, do the following:
- Click to "View Profile" on the dropdown under your avatar at upper right.
- Click on "More," then "Reputation."
- Explore the areas there. (Activity, Missions, Places, and Ranking) Learn how to earn a badge by clicking on the little gear symbol at its lower right corner. It will flip over and you can see the requirements of the badge and your progress.
Learn more about how the Gamification features work. Read and visit some of the links in the April "Making the Most of Engage (4) April 2015 ."When you are in any area of Engage, you can click on "Content" to see what else is in that specific area. This applies to your profile and everyone else's. While you are on your profile, click on "content" and see your recent posts, comments, questions, and more. If you are liking the posts of another member, you can go to their profile and click on Content to see more of what they have posted. You might want to do that with some of the people I mention in the next few paragraphs!The focus areas during the month of May include Connected Families Staying Connected in the Summer months. Read about these themes in Marshal Conley's (mdconley57's ) post. Community Roadmap: Connected Families You'll find other featured posts in Deb Norton's (deb_norton) post on Get Inspired with Student Blogs-A Chat with Deb She does a monthly "Chat with Deb" but she posts lots of great content- use that feature I explained above by clicking on her linked nickname above, then on "Content." I think you should do that with all the names I'm about to call out! Others you might want to check out each month are
- Glen Westbroek (glen_w) posts regularly on STEM topics. Here's the latest: STEM Snacks – What ONE teaching method will you modify?
- Tom Diener (tdiener ) will host a "Maker" webinar on May 19th all about the Maker Movement in Schools. Use that link to read about it and register- all webinars are free. Find out about the next Maker webinar and others here.
- Vanessa Jones (vkajones ) is the famous host of the monthly "Intel Live" webinar. The April 28 webinar topic was "The Wonders of Google Classroom." Participate in the discussion after you listen to the webinar recording. I think there might be a badge involved... and check the above webinar link to learn about the ITL topic for May!
- Shannon Mersand (smersand ) has this month's post on the Maker Movement in her "Cut to the Core" blog. This month: Cut to the Core: Tech Solutions for Common Core - The Maker Movement, Technology and the Common Core
- Gail Holmes (holmesg ) does the Classroom Challenge. This month she explores the theme in: Classroom Challenge – Connecting School to Home – May 2015
- Naomi Harm (firstname.lastname@example.org ) does our "Digital Buzz Radio Show." Here's a link to the broadcast on World Radio Day and the discussion following. Also check out So You Want To Be A Game Show Host!
- What does a Futurist do? Find out by attending this webinar in May.
You see, there are many features and areas in the community! I hope you will introduce yourself in the New Members Start Here! (April-June 2015) discussion. There's a prize drawn at the end of each quarter from that quarter's New Members Introduction discussion! It's from Intel- it's a good one!
One of many community moderators, here to serve YOU!