If you are finding yourself teaching the same lesson year after year with the same materials and teaching style; then it's time to add some new technology and spice up that boring lesson. It's refreshing and motivating for students to see a teacher using new instructional strategies and materials in a lesson.
Here are a bunch of ideas:
1) Involve the students - Use an online poll or backchannel to interact with your students during your lesson. This gives every student a voice and builds character and understanding amongst peers.
c. Today's Meet
2) Student Choice -Allow your students to show their learning with these choices. Giving students a say in how they show their knowledge is empowering.
3) Use a video - There are many choices of adding media to your lesson. Students today live in a media rich environment driven by videos. Tap into their learning style.
4) Add some game elements to your lesson - Gamification can add so much enjoyment and engagement to your lessons. Students find games to be motivational and rewarding.
b. BrainRush - Create your own games or use the thousands that are available
5) Use any of the amazing tools on Classtools.net!! Whenever I am in need of some tech inspiration and ideas, I often will visit this site for some help. Putting a little time into planning an interactive activity will go a long way with student learning.