Happy New Year! 2016 kicks off for Engage with a brand new Community Roadmap and a renewed focus on pushing teachers, students, and classrooms to improve, innovate, and grow. For January, our theme is Innovative Technology; with the new year we want to explore how emerging technologies create positive change for education.
All month you can follow the community tag Innovative Technology to read and participate in discussions, blogposts, and activities related to our theme. A good place to start is the January 2016 Classroom Challenge on emerging careers and a culture of innovation in education.
We also encourage you to check out everything new under the sun from Bett Show 2016 from January 20-23 in London.
As you head into 2016, we want to know:
- What are you most excited about? What is stoking your educational passion right now?
- What do you resolve to do to innovate in 2016?
- How do you determine whether a new technology is working in your classroom or not? If it's not, what do you do?
As with each month, if you participate in our Roadmap theme-based activities, you can earn a badge. If you complete all the actions related to this month's content during the month of January you'll earn the Community Roadmap Innovative Technology badge and 200 community points. To do this, you need to:
- Read this blog (hint, if you're reading this, you've already completed this step)
- Comment below with responses to the bold-faced questions in the post above.
- Bookmark and then leave a comment to participate in our Engage and Win giveaway discussion.