Hello Teachers Engage Members!
Happy October! In the U.S., particularly here in northern Illinois, we’re enjoying the arrival of Fall Foliage, cooler weather, and the return of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice lattes. For our international members, what does October bring to your part of the world? School is now fully back in session, of course, and educators everywhere are well into what we hope is a great school year.
October is set to be an exciting month for the Teachers Engage community. There is a lot going on, and we’d like to share a little of it with you.
- Thanks to everyone who has complied with our new password requirements. We know that, particularly if you were unable to change it until after the new requirements went into effect, it could be a challenging and tedious process. We appreciate that you took the time and pushed through the “red tape” to get your password reset.
- The credential fun is not over, however. In the near future we’ll also require a valid email address for every account. We’ll push the relevant information and timing when it’s available, and you can follow this thread for updates.
- October brings a new “New Member Welcome” discussion. If you’re new to the community, stop by and introduce yourself. If you’re a veteran member, head over and welcome our new friends. Additionally, congratulations to Gwen Smith, the winner of a Kindle Fire in our July-September “New Member Welcome” discussion drawing.
- We are starting an effort to collect Value Creation stories from members, and giving away some awesome prizes as part of that process. Visit the thread to learn how you can share a story about how Teachers Engage creates value for you (or doesn’t) and qualify for the prizes.
- This month Tom is taking us on a virtual field trip to the New York Public Library on October 23, during which we’ll learn about the rich online resources educators can use to augment classroom texts and engage young learners. Click here to register, and remember, our system will send you an email invitation – BE SURE TO PUT THIS INVITE ON YOUR CALENDAR! Also, note that the direct link to the webinar will be posted to our Facebook page an hour before the event.
- Intel Teach Live is back on October 30, to welcome back guest presenters Dean Mantz and Jill Summers as we reopen the Google discussion to share what new tips and tricks teachers need to know for 2012-13 over Google Maps, Search, Drive, Wonder Project, and Apps for Education. Click here to register, and, one more time, make sure to put it on your calendar. If you can’t wait until the end of the month to get your Intel Teach Live fix, you can view the recording of the September webinar and join the discussion here.
- If you registered for the webinar to unveil the new version of the Intel Education Visual Ranking Tool, it has been rescheduled, tentatively for October 22. We’ll post more information as it becomes available, and if you’ve registered you will receive an updated invitation from the system.
- We’re still supporting EducationSuperHighway in their national school internet speed test. Join the effort and test your schools internet speed today!
That’s quite a list, so we’ll bring this post to a close. As a parting shot, we want to know what you’re thinking about mobile devices in the classroom, games in education, and other exciting developments as classrooms go digital. Keep your ideas on this in the back of your mind as you interact on the community, and share however you like.
Thanks for being part of the community, and have a great month!
-The Teachers Engage Admin Team