Notes from the session by Theresa Maves (with assistance by Glen Westbroek).
All tools are available online, for free, from Intel Teach. Each of the first three tools have a "portfolio" for teachers to look at a particular snapshot of student thinking.
- Thinking Tools:
- Visual Ranking (order items from top to bottom - provide your reason for selecting its level)
- Seeing Reason (working with cause and effect - it is NOT a visual map despite how it looks)
- Showing Evidence (involves evaluation of evidence and keeping an open mind about material studied)
- Assessing Projects (designed to help teachers evaluate students ability to use 21st Century Skills)
- Help Guide (training for people to use any of the three tools above as well as using Office or similar application)
- Designing Effective Projects
- Technology Literacy
- Design and Discovery
- Intel ISEF Middle School Science Fair: A Guide for Teachers