The Intel Teachers Engage community is participating in the U.S. Department of Education's Connected Educator Month (CEM) all October long. As part of that effort, we're issuing CEM badges for everyone who participates in any of our events and activities.
Your badges can provide a digital “transcript” of your participation in Teachers Engage activity. They can show:
- How much time you’ve invested in participating in professional learning and collaboration activities throughout the month,
- The actions you’ve taken to sharpen your connected learning skills, and
- The impact you’ve had on your peers’ practice.
You can earn them in two ways:
- If you attend one of the Teachers Engage webinars, the host will give you a badge code to use to claim the CEM Event Participant badge worth one hour of professional learning credit.
- If you participate in one of the Teachers Engage discussions tagged "cem13" and your reply meets the criteria outlined in the main discussion post, you will be sent a a badge code via community Direct Message to use to claim the CEM Event Participant badge worth half an hour of professional learning credit.
When you redeem a badge code or submit evidence for a badge, you will receive an email prompting you to add it to a Mozilla Persona backpack. Don't worry if you don't have a Persona account and backpack; you will be prompted to create one as part of the process. After you've earned badges, return to this document and reply to show them off!