1 2 3 Previous Next 110 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2016 3:47 PM by aidamohamedsaed1010

Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Please share ur stories regarding the best teacher you ever had.

• 1. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?
          sadiasyed

Great topic Bergin G,

Teachers are really the personaities who mould charcters, facilitate learning and provide a direction to our future.

I feel the role of a teacher in shaping our future is of immense importance. With whatever success that we have achieved today it all attributes to the role played by them in our academic lives. As said by Stephen Robbins in his book Organizational Behavior “Learning is any relatively permanent change in behavior that occurs as a result of experience".

Whatever I am today I give all credit to the Teachers from whom I learnt to live a life worth life. I cannot forget my Masters Teacher Mrs. Zahida Ijaz. (I must mention here she got polio in her teen but she never brought her disability into consideration and bravely struggled throughout her life to enlighten students). She is one to whom I greatly inspired and choose to be an educator.

Realistically I am indebted for every person who teaches me academically or socially. As I believe academic knowledge can not only be called learning. Our experiences also contribute to make us better.   

• 2. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Yes Miss Sadia, you explain the real picture and the role of Teachers in our life, and specially thanks to Mr. Bergin, who re-call our best and un-forgettable memories of life.

• 3. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Bergin, great question.  The one teacher who has influenced me the most was my high school band director, Mr. Francis Barker.  He, along with my parents, taught me the meaning of hard work and that it's OK to fail, but if you do, don't just set there, fix it.  He really cared about his band students and we loved him dearly. 

Neil

• 4. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Thank you sadia.  I am very happy that your inspired teacher is a highly motivated positive attitude teacher. If u wishes please share her photo here. She is not only the role model of you alone. She is the role model to this world. So everyone coming  to this intel engage should know about her. This story really motivates other teachers.

• 5. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Thank you Malik for sharing. Teachers have an influencing role in the life of a student. He / She is like a candle . It consumes itself to light the way for others.A teacher moulds and in the process shapes their future.We should  rememer our teachers as we remembering God.

• 6. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Thank you Sir. Learning is to change our behavior. Some of us think that learning means mastering of a language or subject. But the real learning is changing our behavior.   It is very difficult to teach character formation in our life. Your teacher Mr. Francis Barker taught that difficult area and succeeded in it. I again say thank you for sharing such a wonderful teacher.

• 7. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

The first time I had any real science instruction was from my 8th grade science teacher, Mr. Katzer at Garner Middle School in San Antonio. I hated the class at first because I thought it was too hard and that my teacher was unreasonable. But as the year continued, I began to enjoy science and then to become entranced by it. Mr. Katzer expected a lot, but he had a great sense of humor and really instilled a love of science in his students.

• 8. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Thank you eric for sharing about you great science teacher.

• 9. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

My third grade teacher, Nan Bone, had the greatest influence in my life.  She was an amazing teacher and continued to be a person I went to later in life.  As a high school student, she was out of the classroom but still worked in education.  She gave me several great oportunities and really was the reason I went into teaching.  When I exited college, she was a principal and I was fortunate enough to student teach at her school.  I later landed a job at that same school, but she had already moved on.  She continues to work in education and do gret things!  Mrs. Bone, you are inspiring!!

• 10. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?
                            cindimay

This person wasn't an academic teacher...she was my dance instructor.  I started dancing (tap, ballet, acrobatics) when I was 4-years old. My mom had put me in dance to help correct a foot problem (my feet turned in). Little did she know that 16 years later, I'd still be dancing. My instructor, Eileen Pennock, was very influential. She encouraged me & disciplined me. She was my toughest critic, and biggest cheerleader. When I turned 12, she started having me help her on Saturdays, teach with her.  By the age of 14, she gave me my own class. Then by 16, I was teaching for the entire Saturday. Through this experience I gained the poise and confidence that lead me to other opportunities in my life. Although she is gone now, her words of encouragement and professionalism will always be with me.

• 11. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?
                              blancaedu

Cindy, what a wonderful story about support, encouragement and leadership. You share what Sadia eloquently shares above, that our teachers are not just academic but social as well, really anyone who comes into your life and influences you in a good or bad way is a teacher. Teachers model, teachers inspire. Your dance teacher would not have been able to influence you unless you were willing to try new things and try on new roles.

My favorite teacher (and it's really hard to choose the most influential) was my 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Kalba. She saw through my shyness and took advantage of the intiative that so many teachers said I had but never explored in deeper ways. She acknowledged me when I wanted to be left in the dark learning quietly. She was a wonderful storyteller and embedded humor into our lives during a time of transition. Middle school is hard for many reasons but she made it look easy. I try and model that attitude that every day with teachers and students.

• 12. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

Sixteen years after graduating high school, I took a college course on computers. We had just gotten my son a Commodore 64 (anyone remember that one?) and I had no idea how to use it. The course turned out to be Pascal Programming and I loved it. I decided to continue and major in computer science. My advisor, Ann Pagnotta, went over the requirements - MATH - which was the reason I hadn't attended college in the first place. After explaining my phobia and the fact that I had failed geometry in tenth grade and never taken another math course, Ann assured me that I could do it and she would help. To make a long story short, I took Calculus III as an elective and had straight A's in every math course I took. She gave me the confidence in myself and I became a Computer Science/Math teacher. Guess what the first math course I taught was - GEOMETRY!

• 13. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

I do remember the Commodore 64 (check out the new one) and I remember one game in particular that I played on it -- you had to battle bacteria and other invaders in the human body.

Barbara,

Your story is a good reminder for all of us how important self-confidence is and the critical role teachers play in developing confidence in students.

• 14. Re: Tell me about the teacher who had the most influence in your life?

well the teacher in my life was one of my profesor Dr nasir  a Phd in chemistry

1 2 3 Previous Next