5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 1:17 PM by tdiener

Check out our new video on 1-1 E-Learning in Kindergarten

Check out the new video on Megan Power's classroom in CA - She is an an inspiring educator using computers to help her students learn how to learn. Worth taking 3 minutes to watch! http://bit.ly/HLD4uG

Tranformed Learning.png

• Re: Check out our new video on 1-1 E-Learning in Kindergarten

Paige, I just finished watching the video and looking at the comments.  One questioned the use of the computer.  They thought it was just a "marketing ploy".  I don't know if you're familiar with Project RED or not, but I have uploaded the PDF for you to look over.  The findings, 1:1 works. 

Neil

Thanks Neil- Intel is a sponsor of the Project Red Research- we will be launching the second phase of the work in April (stay tuned for more on that). Also- we will be launchign an ISTE book on the research findings at the Conference this year. I agree with your assessment of the research combatting the message-  but I have found that my discourse with folks on the Intel Channel that post statements like that often are not a productive use of my time/ energy. I would love it if educators would go on and post their own thoughts on the video on the youtube channel (instead of engaging in a conversation with the contrarian and continuing to pop his message to the top of discourse )

Glad you have found the research useful- we will be doing a session at ISTE from 1:30-2:30 on Monday if you are there and want to hear from one of the researchers themselves.

Paige

tdiener

I've sort of been on a campaign lately to promote the student perspective...so I really enjoyed seeing these 6 and 7 year olds talking about their learning in this video! ("We were doing flowers and we were trying to solve a math problem", "I writted about my cat".) I enjoy talking to students when their working on projects. They get so excited to share what they learned.