2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2012 4:35 PM by susangauthier

Social Learning Summit – free virtual conference April 21, 2012

http://api.ning.com/files/6ILSuNRlG2Yqt-OoUNby-kK931PaqlX5w0P7YbxBAQb13PXZVVRovbpfbq1PmCcKn4gxeXdePzfGS6P0n8j5cg__/sociallearningsummitHORZnodate.jpg?width=750

Discovery Education’s Discovery Educator Network runs a variety of professional development sessions each year. The DEN is partnering with Classroom 2.0 to present the Social Learning Summit. Steve Hargadon, of Classroom 2.0, and the DEN are working together to organize the event which will be held Saturday, April 21st from 9:00am - 3:00pm US Eastern Time. The event is free.

The conference theme is the use of social media and Web 2.0 in teaching and learning. To be kept informed of the latest conference news and updates you can view the information at http://www.SocialLearningSummit.com. You must join Classroom 2.0 to correspond with the presenters and other members, and to comment on sessions and discussions. Sessions will be 30 minutes in length, and can focus on practical classroom application or pedagogical frameworks or both.

The schedule of sessions is set and can be viewed by going here.  After clicking the link, simply scroll down and click on your time zone to see which sessions will be occurring at the various times.  Later this week, each of the scheduled sessions will have their live session link added.  On the day of the event, simply click these links to attend the sessions of choice.

You don’t need any special training  to attend the sessions, but they would like you to register here if you are attending virtually.  For more detailed information about attending the event, visit this page and read the “Attending” information at the top. Can you believe there are over 70 sessions?!?

Where will you be Saturday? I will be online and posting the information I learn at this conference so why don't you join me for a session or two and post your most inspirational moments, gadgets, tools, teaching ideas (ooohhhh there is so much...I just can't wait). See you online...and don't forget to post here!!