1 2 3 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 12:59 PM by glen_w

Just for the Fun of IT-Guess My Old School Tech Game

vkajones

bunnyatwork_small.jpg

Remember when backed up files on “zip” drives held a whopping 1GB of data? Or when a telephone data cable was required to access the Internet? How about when the mobile car phone came in a bag?  Or when the gaming console required cassette tapes?  Or even the old reel to reel movie projectors that once ruled the classroom?  Well, we want you to remember back to some old tech tools, toys, games, or software that you have used in the past and share them in our online game.  See directions below and participate in our “Guess My Old School Tech” Fun Activity."

DIRECTIONS: This activity of “Guess My Old School Tech” is inspired by the old guessing games we played as children such as 20 questions, Password, or I Spy.

1.    Think of a technology gadget, game, toy, or software you remember from your childhood, your early years of teaching, or even the early years of home computing/gaming.  We want to share in the nostalgia with you, so try and think of something that would have been fairly common during that time era.  Please - only one “Old School Tech” per post.  Thanks.

2.    Provide THREE hints that would help us identify the “Old School Tech” device, software, or toy. One of the three hints should be a modern day equivalent if applicable. Think about how your idea has evolved in our current day.

3.    The players (any community member) will try to guess the answer.

Let’s keep the thread going to see how many walks down memory lane we can share together. Don't forget to come back and let us know if the guesses are correct if you posted a "Guess my Old Tech."

Participate in our online guessing game from May 7-July 20 to win $100 Amazon Gift Card.

Note: This drawing will only become active when a minimum of 10 participants respond which means in some cases, the drawing will take place after the above mentioned date. For a complete description and eligibility of Engage community drawings, click on the Intel Bunny Person.

1 2 3 Previous Next