4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2012 6:13 PM by mitzi.vincent

Augmented Reality (AR)

mitzi.vincent

I've recently started working with some apps Aurasma and Marist  Auras!!!!  I think they are fun.   I've created some videos and attach them to still shots.  I'm looking for some creative ways to use AR in the classroom.   If you have used them with students share your ideas.

• Re: Augmented Reality (AR)
          julesfischy

What standards are you using with this technology?

mitzi.vincent

I used Augmented  Reality with teachers in an AT (assistive technology)  workshop where they created Print Cut and Fold  technology projects then created augmented reality videos/trigger pictures. The participants embedded the AR using the app Aurasma Lite.  I also worked with students in our summer tech camp, create AR videos to explain some apps they were using.  AR can be used to design lesson with Common Core.  I also worked with some math AR apps.    Teachers can create AR videos about classroom instruction embed it into a worksheet, etc.

abuan

Hi mitz

is the app for ipad? any equivalent for android? do you also use any apps for math classrooms? how do students use it?

mitzi.vincent

Amelia,

Aurasma Lite is available in Google Play.  Fetch, Lunch Rush is app in the iTunes store for math grades 1-3.  It uses AR.  It is created for PBS.  Students use apps for practice, games to reinforce and also to create products for Math.  They often use more than one app to create a math story problems.  For example they may use Storylines for Schools to demonstrate their knowledge of new vocabulary.