The Upgraded version of our community looks wonderful. I love the fact that I can view my "own space" very quickly by clicking on my own name or profile picture! Everything in my space is laid out so nicely with links across the top of the page to take me to the following:
- Bio (I added a few new things to my bio)
- Activity (shows me the recent posts/replies I created)
- Content (shows me the discussions I have started, the discussions I have participated in, and the discussions I am following all in one place!)
- Friends (my special friends are listed here with their profile pictures)
- Places (displays the groups I own, the groups I am following and the groups of which I am a member)
- Tasks (wow... I can create a task list... very handy for remembering the things I want to do)
- Bookmarks (I can sort through my personal bookmark list)
- Private Messages (love communicating with members on special interests)
This new environment feels so organized. A BIG THANK YOU, INTEL!
As you are going through the upgraded community do you have any TIPS to share?
Here are two tips that have helped me -
#1 - Anytime you want to return to http://engage.intel.com click the Banner Image and you will return to the main page
#2 - Search only the Teachers Engage Community use the search feature below the banner
Hi Guys...I opened up ie9 this am am posted to several threads. Later I opened up Firefox 12 and could not see any of my posts. They were not in the recent content and I even went to the threads and my posts were not there. I opened up ie again and I could see them. I am not sure if yall are working on this but wanted to let you know.
Celia - good question and there are a couple of answers for this.
One new feature of the upgrade is to allow all users to manage important community content through Communications. If there are discussions you want to follow - just select track them and you will see a preview of the discussion in your communications area.
The second option is when you are viewing all the content within an area of the community. Every piece of content - whether it is a discussion, document, or poll allows you to hover over the content to display the "gear" that provides a user options.
If you select the "gear" you get three options for each piece of content, one of which allows you to bookmark that discussion.
I hope this is what you were looking for.