8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2012 4:08 PM by lsrdhunter@msn.com

Live binders

deafteach

SO, since my last webinar about using technology with Special populations. One of the items discussed was an Internet tool that I am quickly beginning to love, livebinders.com.  This is a place where you can group all the sites that are researched when putting together a unit. I use the Internet for almost everything, and I have a thousand bookmarks. I am continually frustrated that my book marks do not travel from computer to computer.  Livebinders allows me to make a binder for a specific reason, and then put all that I researched into that binder.  I am loving this site.  Here is an example of my first binder. I am teaching young students for an enrichment program and we are focusing on sequencing. I went on line and found various sites that related to sequencing, and put the information in my binder.               http://www.livebinders.com/play/play_or_edit?id=409587

Has anyone else used live binders? What do you think?  Can you share a binder that you have made?

• Re: Live binders
          lsrdhunter@msn.com

Here is a great binder on Apps for Gifted and High-Ability Learners- http://www.livebinders.com/play/present?id=379477

I also use Microsoft One Note to capture text, images, video and audio notes in a notebook that has tabs similar to livebinder.  It's very nice to keep important information readily available in one place.  If I am using a computer which does not  have One Note, I can still access the online version of One Note and my files through my SkyDrive account.

lwenske

Thanks SO much, Linda!  Having more app ideas for students of all ability levels is always hugely helpful.  I had not seen the Presidents app, and I'm very grateful for that recommendation in particular.  I'm also excited to explore the other links in the binder.  Awesome, thanks!

Love LiveBinders! I like that my bookmarks can be stored in categories and that the web site is visible right in the binder. However, my favorite part of LiveBinders is the sharing feature - the opportunity to access all the great binders on education and technology-related topics that have been created and shared by other educators. I want to clean up my huge binder and separate it into several smaller binders before sharing, but you can go to LiveBinders, do a search, and view lots of wonderful binders. Try it, and enjoy!

lwenske

Thank you SO much for providing some great examples of LiveBinders.  I have heard of them and seen them but have yet to create one myself--though this is really inspiring!  I cannot access the above link, though.  I get directed to a LiveBinder named, "Summer School," and I'm prompted for an access code.

I have just recently heard about LiveBinders and I am very interested to see if I can use this with my middle school students in the coming school year.  I am still familiarizing myself with all the information in there at this time.  I teach 7th grade Life Science so any help I can get from anyone who is a "pro" would be greatly appreciated since I am a bit tentative about exactly how I will use this in my classroom.

I created a lesson on education for my civics class and used a jigsaw method with resources I tabbed out in livebinder. This was my first LB and it worked out well in a 1:1 laptop scenario.

Link: NC Education - LiveBinder

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        deafteach

I like that you preset tabs for students to use.  Most of my student's reading level is not at a level which they can easily search the internet.  I will preset tabs for them to use, so they will feel like they are searching the internet.

lsrdhunter@msn.com

Jonathan,  I like your idea for using Live Binder as a lesson board with lots of resources for students to explore.  This approach would offer the right amount of guidance in any project especially for the exceptional student population.