3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 9:43 PM by xyra

Module 1, Lesson 1, Activity 3, Project-Based Approaches and You

1. How do you incorporate project-based approaches and technology in your classroom?

2. Share a few of your goals and challenges that you identified in your Action Plan. Identify one unique challenge to share with the

whole group.

• Re: Module 1, Lesson 1, Activity 3, Project-Based Approaches and You

After discussing to my Grade 1 class the lesson on different shapes, a video of the Shape Song is shown to the class. Afterwards, the Shape Project is done wherein they would act as architect, drawing the house that they would like to be built using the different shapes.  

My project-based learning goals:

Integrate technology in classroom learning

Make my classroom more student-centered

Challenges

Making my Grade 1 pupils do a project on their own

Making a group work activity to my Grade 1 pupils a successful one

Integrating technology in the teaching – learning process

My goals for this year are:

Integrate technology in classroom learning.

Try some project – based learning strategies in my class to help them develop their 21st century skills.

Challenges

My students are still dependent and I find it difficult for them to create their own project.

Project requires a lot of time.

I am not sure how will I assess my students’ project especially if it is group project.

I am not sure how will I motivate my low performing students to work on their project.

Project based approach and technology are of good help to my learners.These are tools that will enhance my pupils interest, skills and they will be participating more in different activities. My goal for my pupils is for them to be more of a 21st century learner that they were not left behind by other learners like them. I want them to develop themselves into a better individual that they can cope with different circumstances or challenges that will come to them.