1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2012 8:34 AM by jpc_1220@yahoo.com

Module 3, Lesson 3, Activity 2. Assessment Planning

1. For the following purposes, which assessment instruments do you plan to use in your project?

a. Gauging Student Needs

b. Encouraging Strategic Learning

c. Demonstrating Understanding

2. Which assessment instruments did you select for learning processes and thinking skills? Why did you choose those particular checklists or rubrics?

3. Share your Assessment Timeline and Assessment Plan.

• Re: Module 3, Lesson 3, Activity 2. Assessment Planning
          • Gauging Student Needs Assessment

I will start the lesson by using the KWLH chart to know the students knowledge in the lesson and their needs.

• Encouraging Strategic Learning Assessment

I will make use of the conference questions.

• Demonstrating Understanding Assessment

I will provide a journal to assess their learning and thinking skills.

Learning Process Assessment:

Communication Checklist

How I would use the assessment:

My students will answer the checklist during the project and until they are done with their project. I will check it everyday to monitor the development of their project.

Thinking Skill Assessment:

Discussion Rubric

How I would use the assessment:

Students will discuss their project and allow them to share their knowledge and information gained in doing the project.

Assessment

Purpose and Process of Assessment

KWLH Chart

I will have a class discussion and let the students give their knowledge and ideas by filling up the KWLH chart.

Collaboration Checklist

To know the different points of view of the students and to invite the students to participate.

Observation by the Teacher

Guide students thinking. Students will share their ideas and knowledge to the project.

Critical Thinking Rubric

Students will give their conclusions on the project and their learning.

Discussion Rubric

Students will discuss their project and allow them to share their knowledge and information gained in doing the project.