4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 3:16 PM by sshott

Google proof your questions using Blooms- a cool blog

• Re: Google proof your questions using Blooms- a cool blog
          julesfischy

Paige- This was written and included as a top story in Tech& Learning eNews - I think about the questioning stratigies that are in Essentials and in Thinking with Technology could help with writing Google proof questions.

I think Google is a great place for getting the background information that students need to answer questions- especially with all the different ways you can search for what you are looking for.

glen_w

Paige,

This is a great blog post - thanks for sharing it.

I think this post brings to light the importance of using effective Curriculum Framing Questions. If we as teachers are only looking for a single "correct" answer to our questions, there is little opportunity for growth by our students. When we frame questions to help students dig deeper, it will be Impossible to just "Google" an answer . I hope this blog posting leads more individuals to consider how & when they will use appropriate questioning techniques.

This means "Way to be ahead of the curve Intel Teach!"

dgoodman_1958

What an interesting and thought provoking blog.  It is so important for educators to ask the right questions and Intel Teach can guide educators in the right direction with curriculum framing questions.  The graphic is a great tool for understanding the key words of questioning and how to include the correct verbage when wanting to get students to think at a higher level.  I also enjoyed reading the comments.  I feel a blended environment where students can respond both verbally and digitally in response to a peice of literature is a way to reach different modalities and to allow those students who often don't have a voice to be heard.  I have found many times that from the written word, great conversation can occur.    

I love the phrase "google proof your questions".  That really makes me think.

sshott

This is a great blog - not only the original post but all the contributors. Interesting addition from a parent who felt that kids sitting at laptops in the classroom "discussing" a book with each other via the discussion board was taking away the ability to effectively communicate. We must remember that education goes beyond the student:)