6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2014 4:08 AM by zienabsayedahmedmostafa@gmail.com

Is there a connection?

Rubina Jahangir
        • Re: Is there a connection?
          emansisy

Technology is a powerful learning tool. I think integrating technology and teachers' beliefs about learning are connected.

teachers who readily integrate technology into their instruction are more likely to possess constructivist teaching styles. Evidence suggests there is a parallel between a teacher's student-centered beliefs about instruction and the nature of the teacher's technology-integrated lessons.

cloesing

The eMINTS instructional model is centered around four components; Inquiry-based Learning, Buidling a Community of Learners, and  High-quality Lesson Design, all Powered by Technology!  We definitely see a relationship between a teacher's beliefts about learning and how technology is integrated into the classrom.  We have also seen that teachers' beliefs can change over time, with support, as they learn to transform themeselves into a facilitator of learning and see the benefits for their students.eMINTS rectangle.png

glen_w

The eMINTS model has been effective in many classes I've observed. I think Rehab brings up a great point about how teachers that use technology effectively tend to have constructivist teaching styles. I'm wondering if many teachers naturally want to teach in a constructivist method - or is this learned? Cathie teachers' beliefs can change over time ... do they also switch their teaching method? Inquiring minds want to know .

Belief is the conviction.

Technology is the tool.

Connection is the relation.

Learning is the systematic modification of behavior.

The belief to use technology for learning is a connected idea.

zienabsayedahmedmostafa@gmail.com

The belief to use technology for learning is a connected idea.

First we have to evaluate the technology we have,asking ourselves these questions
                    (How,When,Where.why)we use it