3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2013 7:38 PM by glen_w

hAppy Friday and Cool Websites

jorozcopbs@yahoo.com

I thought it would be fun to share and app on Fridays with the group. One app I used this week with students was Quizlet. It's a free website providing learning tools for students, including flashcards, study and game modes. It was created by high school sophomore Andrew Sutherland in 2005 and now contains over 400 million study sets. All of the material is user-generated. Also, there is a app for this product. What other apps or websites do you like for vocabulary and spelling?

See example:

Science Vocabulary flashcards | Quizlet

Adios,

Juan Orozco

• Re: hAppy Friday and Cool Websites
          JulieSzaj

Love this idea Juan (even if it is only Thursday here in the U.S. )  As a matter of fact, I was just at an edcamp and one teacher said he frequently conducts an "Appy Hour" at his school for teacher PD.

One app that I really like is Quizzler Family. Unfortunately it is 0.99 but is lots of fun. The app is used to build community among a group of people. The app generates a wide variety of questions to help break the ice and get to know each other. I have used it while I have been training groups for a while and it is always a hit.

Thanks for starting this thread!

glen_w

Juan,

I also find Quizlet benefits students. I appreciate how it provides alternative language options. I've often had my students use Wordle to demonstrate understanding of language used in the classroom. Have your students used Wordle? How does it benefit their understanding?

glen_w

Juan,

I also find Quizlet benefits students. I appreciate how it provides alternative language options. I've often had my students use Wordle to demonstrate understanding of language used in the classroom. Have your students used Wordle? How does it benefit their understanding?