This was a awesome webinar not only for STEM teachers, but also for teachers who want to integrate online technologies in curriculum and in their classroom . It's incredible how twitter bring a new dimenssion for global sharing and worldwide collaboration in only 140 characters . This online bird can be integrated succesfully in XXI Century Education and Twitter is the tool who offer gateway through knowledge for teachers worldwide .
Teachers looking for new ideas to create engaging math activity should watch this webinar. Lisa Henry provided a vast number of resources that evolved from the twitter camp. I especially liked:
- The #MTBoS Bunch: An Online Community of Math Teachers and how they now only met virtually but physical as well
- Infinite tangent podcasts every other Thursday that ended podcasts with 6 questions
- Made for math Monday came out of Twitter Math Camp 12
- Blog teacher share what they have made and created in their classrooms. Has to be available on a blog and available for download
- website of things for teachers to estimate. (www.estimaion180.com)
I challenge members of the community to share the webinar link with math teachers in your school. I am sure a strategy, idea or lesson will be found to engage math students.