13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 1:34 PM by vkajones

Intel Teach Live-November 2013-Gaming-The What...The Why...and the How

vkajones

bunnyatwork_small.jpg

Click here to view the archive recording of the webinar.

This month’s Intel Teach Live Webinar highlights how educational games can be a powerful learning tool in the classroom. Gaming can address curriculum areas from basic competence levels to 21st Century Skills. There are many educators who are successfully integrating strategies for bringing Internet-based games into their curriculum. Many educational games are free to use, and many can be played without installing or downloading any programs.

As a follow-up to the "Games:The Why..The What.. and the How Webinar," we are  asking you to help us expand the  knowledge of our participants and share what you are doing in your classrooms.  Given the different purposes for educational games, how do you use games in the classroom? Do you use them to check for understanding,  to enhance practicing skills, to support higher order thinking or to improve 21st Century Skills?

What games have you found that meet the objectives of a unit that you are teaching?

Share your ideas between November 4  and December 2 to be entered into a drawing for an educational resource worth a $150.0.

Note: This drawing will only become active when a minimum of 10 participants respond, which means in some cases, the drawing will take place after the above mentioned date. For a complete description and eligibility of Engage community drawings, click on the Intel Bunny Person.

Bonus: The first five participants who post a response that meets all the criteria to this thread will receive an Intel Bundle. Also the person who invites the most participants to this thread will also receive an Intel Bundle.

To receive an Intel Bundle for the most invites…before you respond to the post, just post… Precious Jewel invited me to this post. Bold the person’s name.   If you attended a webinar and invited yourself, just post your own name. I, Simba Marley invited myself because I attended the webinar. Also each time someone states that you invited them, your name will be entered into the drawing for each mentioned.