8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 11:42 AM by zienabsayedahmedmostafa@gmail.com

Mobile Learning Visions

cgardne

As we continue to move forward in the area of using mobile devices, what is your vision on what mobile devices would enhance your students learning?  How could those devices best be used within your classroom?  What are some resources you could provide using mobile devices?

• Re: Mobile Learning Visions
          julesfischy

Carolyn- Great discussion topic.  I think that mobile Learning really means learning anytime, anywhere.  I really see that mobile learning will allow more personalized learning and I am looking forward to lesson ideas that support this.  I have been looking at apps- but what I find is that teachers need to not just use apps for the sake of apps but to support learning.  I love the app recommendations in Designing Effective Projects and I like the reviews and recommendations from Graphite.

Looking forward to other resources.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              LucianeCurator

Mobile Learning ( mLearning ) or Learning in hand is a new big thing in XXI Century Education . As smartphones and tablets become more and more capable and user interfaces more and more natural, they have become always-on, always-accessible tools for learning. People everywhere, but especially in Europe, increasingly expect to be constantly connected to the Internet and the rich tapestry of knowledge it contains wherever they go. Now when Microsoft acquired Nokia I believe that more and more mobile apps will appear to offer gateway through knowledge for teachers and students worldwide . For this reason I launched IPad apps by Lucian Duma | ZEEF

glen_w

Carolyn,

I like your question. One day this past spring, I had five different devices used in my classroom. I realized the importance of that lesson was "allowing students to create" not "making sure all creations look the same." I created a rubric to guide students in what should be included. (I've got to figure out a more effective rubric for next time.) Each student was engaged and excited throughout the period. In my opinion, the purpose should be "reaching higher on Bloom's pyramid" instead of "doing what we've always done."

I like your question . I think iphones and mobile devices must be used by students not only for playing, but also they can learn a lot using free apps . I tried a ipad and I was excited by mLearning technology .

mobile devices in this moment are de  tecnological fever of the youth, here in Panama many young have smartphones to 500 o more dollars, the real problem isn´t the price, its de responsability asocied to parents and young.

mobile devices can to do your live more easy, and you as teacher will can to work, in the social networks  creating educational communities, with this idea  capture it the interesting and wish tecnological of the youth for to create significant learning.

go beyond to technology, be part of their goals, the teachers build  souls with power to succeed or destroy to other

A timely  question, here in Pakistan there is a good usage of mobile phones and smartphones, the china mobiles sold here and the Q-mobile (indian made are as cheap as  $80 all are smart phones. Mobile companies are giving packages which have free internet connectivity, so tool is there we as facilitators  need to guide our teachers .students how to make use of applications on the mobile which may enhance their leanings, with proper policy work hand held devices may replace computers, i had explained Dropbox and teachers were using them effectively.

zienabsayedahmedmostafa@gmail.com

In Egypt ss have mobiles .Unfortunately Its forbidden to carry in schools because SS didn't use it properly.I wish they  know the right way of using it We as teachers try to spread the right way to use them .We hope we can