6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 10:11 PM by saloni.edz@gmail.com

HT does a story on my fb page on education

skandnanu

The Hindustan Times carried this news of my Facebook page U.P. Educationon all U.P. Editions page. Please see the link -Hindustan Times e-Paper

• Re: HT does a story on my fb page on education
          saloni.edz@gmail.com

can u pls share the article on community as we cdnt access it online. tx

skandnanu

Good edu work uplinked!

ZoomBookmarkSharePrintListenTranslate

AN INITIATIVE of Basic Shiksha Parishad official, the website will host various admirable work being done in schools

Now, comes a website that will highlight the good and admirable work being done at all levels in education in the state. It is purely a personal initiative taken by a government official, Skand Shukla, deputy secretary, Basic Shiksha Parishad.

Presently under construction, the website on UP education admirable work (http://upeducationadmirablework.weebly.com) aims to highlight all the good work and best practices being carried out in the education sector: primary, secondary or higher.

“A senior bureaucrat had advised me to float a community page on social media highlighting the good practices in UP education. It did wonders. In a bid to reach out to more people, I have created a website on basically the same philosophy as facebook page. It is underconstruction now,” Shukla said while talking to HT. He is seeking admission from all to modify the site.

Shukla said, “Educationworld is a happening place. So much good is being done around us largely due to individual efforts and financial support by the government, but it’s only muck that gets discussed and becomes news. The facebook community page and now this website seeks to entice, capture and disseminate ideas about our concerns regarding education.”

This education officer has been trying to track down the persons who have performed really well in their duties. Shukla has posted picture of Danupur Paschimpatti Upper Primary School, Bhadohi that according to him is one of the best schools in the district. It has more has 400 students and only 2 teachers. The ex-headmaster of the school who nurtured it still comes and takes a few classes daily. The gram pradhan takes a personal interest in it. The school boasts of a working computer room as well. The campus is clean and green. The people of the area queue to get their children admitted in this school at Bhadhoi.

According to Shukla there are two concerns for officials in the education system. “First, education of the poor in urban areas and second, the quality of education all over- rural, urban, schools for the rich as well as poor, elementary and higher,” he said.

saloni.edz@gmail.com

skandnanu

Great step and work Ma'am. Much needed initiative. We at edtecherview.in also bring and receive these practices from around the world and India too. So would love to connect with you and discuss how we can motivate great educators to share their practices to motivate others and bring a culture of connected learning.

Thanks

Saransh Garg

@saranshgarg