11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 11:46 AM by Bonnie Feather

Digital Curriculum and Resources

julesfischy

If you could recommend one digital curriculum/resource for your grade level and content area what would it be and why?

• Re: Digital Curriculum and Resources

Search of National Educational Boards of American and European countries

tlmaves

Hi Julia, could you explain a bit more what kind of suggestions for which your inquiry is based? Maybe give a few examples of what you have seen in the field. I imagine you are referring to a full curriculum for the year for a particular subject matter like an etextbook publisher as an example? Or are you also looking for examples of service type providers like Kahn Academy?

julesfischy

Theresa - great clarifying questions. I am just curious in general what digital curriculum resources that educators are using.  So many schools are having conversations about going digital I wanted to know what that meant or looked like to the educators in Engage.  For instance I have seen some educators mention Discovery Education resources - is that one that educators are using.  Or have you switched to all digital materials from a publishers like Pearson, Mcgraw Hill, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, or any of the other publishers out there or a source like CK-12 Foundation. Or is there an app or website that has great digital content that you and your students can't live without.  I want to know what educators are using in the classroom and why the like the resource that they do.

dgoodman_1958

Julia, in NC we have contracted with Pearson to create a single sign-on platform that offers a student information system, instructional tools and resources, and educator evaluation and PD. PowerSchool is the portal into this platform. The integrated system allows student enrollment data and teacher information to transfer automatically. Course information, grading scales and standards information populates automatically into the teacher’s gradebook. Parent and student access provides communication between schools, parents and teachers. At present, NC DPI resources total over 500. Through content providers we have 18,000 + open education resources (Ohio resource center, engage ny, OER commons, Utah Education network, BrainPop, PE Central, Learn NC, Mathematics Vision Project, CPalms, Smithsonian, and teAchnology). External resources total 11, 920 and include Pearson Online Learning Exchange, SAS Curriculum Pathways, and NC Department of Cultural Resources. A platform such as this is the first in the nation.

Bonnie Feather

Scratch!   Scratch - Imagine, Program, Share

This block-based programming program is so kid-friendly! With supervision, kids learn so much! (Many learn without much supervision!) You or anyone may create, then upload and share with the Scratch community! There are so many resources out there to help with Scratch, there's no need to create it all yourself!

~Bonnie