8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 7:11 PM by glen_w

Device wish list

julesfischy

The community just celebrated a birthday, many of us have holidays that we are celebrating this month I am curious how many people have a new device at the top of their list?

And if you are getting a new device what is the criteria you use to help you decide between devices?

• Re: Device wish list
          tlmaves

The Lenovo Yoga tablet 2 Pro has been a popular device request and members may be seeing if offered in one of our promotions. The unique feature of this tablet is the ability to project from the table--presto! Instant presentation. How slick would that be in a classroom where there is multiple group projects happening.

julesfischy

Thanks Theresa!  Love the flexibility of that device for both classroom and personal use.

This is a keeper! Might need to add this to my list! Now I am excited to see what else gets shared. 

cgardne

I would also love to have this tool.  I like the fact that tools are getting smaller in size and lighter weight and also has great quality features.  It's definitely a request for me.

glen_w

I like the abilities this tablet provides. The first thing I have to do when checking devices is determine the Operating System. Currently my district is not approving Android devices being used as "district devices." My students use Vernier's LoggerPro software. This software has been available for Windows and Macintosh operating systems. There is now a beta Linux version of the software.

I really appreciate how much devices are changing and making life easier for teachers, students, and the general public.

I've got a "big item" on my wish list this year. I would love to have a Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Solar Generator Kit. The disappointing thing is that it currently is sold out. So unless you got it early for me, I'm gonna have to wait .

I really like the Surface Pro 3.  The key features that I like are the USB port,  the multi-position kickstand, Flash capability, and its ability to run Photoshop CC.  http://mashable.com/2014/05/20/photoshop-cc-surface-pro-3/

I have the first generation iPad which is a dinosaur!  haha  If I had to choose between getting the latest iPad or the Surface Pro, I would choose the Surface Pro.  I have the Photon browser app which lets me view Flash on my iPad, but its still annoying having to stop what I am doing to copy and paste a Web link into the app in order to view Flash on my iPad.

~Annette

glen_w

The Surface Pro 3 has a lot of positive options. Photoshop is a game changer when compared with most tablets. My students could use it with our Vernier probes and software since it runs Microsoft Windows. I appreciate the Mashable link with information about its abilities.