26 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 3:26 AM by emansisy

Webinar Ideas?

stefanie_hausman

Do you have an idea for a webinar topic or a webinar presenter? We'd love to hear it! Share your ideas in this discussion or submit them here. From the pull-down menu for "What do you need help with", select "I'm interested in moderating or have a referral".  We can't wait to hear your input.

Be sure to join the upcoming webinars too.

• Re: Webinar Ideas?
          tlmaves

For those of you with your feet on the educational streets, let us uncover those hidden gems in your educational setting. Intel loves to champion the unknown (right vkajones) ! We don't necessarily need fancy speakers (although they are nice to have too) but often, the teacher next door is doing fantastic things and has a wealth of information to share with others. OR what is a trending topic for which we need to tap our resources/experts and put together a learning experience for you? Let us know! Stefanie and her team are ready to beat the bushes and get some great webinars planned for 2015 in the Engage community.

NaomiHarm

Theresa- I just reached out to my nation wide top 10 ten educators to see if they would like to present a webinar on behalf of Intel Education- when I get word back I will send your way. Their passion driven topics include: 3D Printing, Makerspaces, Gaming, Coding, Mobile Learning and an admin on Redesigning Learning Spaces :-)  :-)  :-)

stefanie_hausman

Naomi, thanks for surveying educators. Let me know if any of them expresses interest in sharing and between ITL webinars and other guest webinars, we'll get them scheduled. Otherwise, we will look for other presenters on these topics. I already have some ideas. Thanks!

vkajones

Yes! We are looking forward to everyone sharing ideas. We are always looking for new guest presenters!

mcsweej

I would like to present on using google maps to make lit trips or in project based learning across curriculum.

blancaedu

Hi Stephanie,

Our next one is going to be on activating student voice and deeper learning! Let me know what date may work in late Feb or early March. We don't have a set date every month so we can be flexible. We also don't want to do it too close to anyone else's! Thank you, Stephanie.

Blanca

stefanie_hausman

Blanca,

I love that topic! Student voice was very important to me when I was a classroom teacher. I'd love to hear the different ways teachers incorporate opportunities for student voice in their classes. Allison will coordinate dates with you.

Stefanie

Hi Stephanie,

I'm Ms. Riza  from the Philippines.. K to 12 curriculum is being implemented in our country for only three years, and the reality is, as a science teachers, we are making a lot of efforts and struggling on how to teach our students with this new curriculum.  Though modules are provided, but we are still looking for more strategies/approaches  and activities, that will  stir the minds of our students and will make learning an enjoyable one. I have read about differentiated instruction, and I think it is a promising approach..Hope it can be a consider as one of the topics in your webinars.. Thank you..God bless

stefanie_hausman

Hello Ms. Riza - thank you for your comment. I'd love to hear more about your new curriculum and what it emphasizes to determine what would be helpful for you. Teachers here in the US are going through something similar with Common Core Standards.

Have you looked at the Intel Teacher Elements: Inquiry in the Science Classroom or Thinking Critically with Data? You might find those e-learning courses helpful. The Idea Showcase also can be sorted by grade level and subject area and offers some excellent unit plans for science. All of the Elements courses and the Idea Showcase can be accessed form the Personalized Learning section of Engage, K-12 Professional Learning

Stefanie

joachim.cohen

I was thinking about the topic of the month '21st Century Skills' and thought it might be really awesome to hear from the head of Employment Relations at Intel??

This would be a really powerful address for students and teachers and also link in really well I anticipate with the Intel Teach Elements Courses, providing a why for collaboration and problem based learning!

Just a thought and look forward to engaging with future webinars!

celiabalbin

Some time in the early 2000s, there's this AVP we would show when opening an Intel Teach training activity here in the Philippines. That continues to be my favorite. It is there that I heard Craig Barrett-- former Intel CEO, saying that we have to 'give our children the best education they can get'. May I suggest a series on how technology has given and continues to give this "best education" to Depressed, Deprived, Under-served communities? Since DDUs exist globally-- even in developed economies, the multiple perspectives (e.g., what best education means to a particular context, practices that work) should provide our community here at Teachers Engage with some back-to-the-basics, soul-searching kind of engagement and interaction, regarding what we're all doing with technology in education.

stefanie_hausman

Hi Celia,

That's a nice adage. I do think more attention can be drawn to communities of need around the world and how technology is impacting teaching and learning. I've recently been doing work with an Intel program that works with developed and DDUs (I learned a new acronym!) to teach basic technology skills around the world. I may, in fact, know just the right person to do a webinar. Or, let me know if you have someone in mind.

Stefanie

celiabalbin

Thanks Stefanie!

I know of one such project here in the Philippines, too. It would be great to hear from your resource person, and I was thinking, maybe we can have community members from other parts of the world talk about similar initiatives in their respective countries...?

Celia

holmesg

I think there is some value in doing a sessions on classroom management in a technology rich learning environment.

Rubina Jahangir

Here are some topics for webinar:

1. Cloud Computing

It had become an essential part of collaboration in both schools and the workplace. the impact of this technology continues to unfold in new and expanding ways.

2. Open Content

While open content has been available for a long time, the topic has received increased attention in recent years. The use of open content promotes a skill set that is critical in maintaining currency in any area of study—the ability to find, evaluate, and put new information to use. The same cannot be said for many textbooks, which can be cumbersome, slow to update, and particularly costly for K-12 schools.

.3. Learning Analytics

While analyzing student data is not a new practice, the field of learning analytics has only recently gained wide support among data scientists and education professionals. In the coming years, as learning analytics platforms become increasingly complex and effective, outcomes of learning analytics will have a significant impact on the evolution and refinement of both K-12 and higher education, especially in the design of personalized and online learning platforms.

4. Games and Gamification

Game play has traversed the realm of recreation and infiltrated commerce, productivity, and education, proving to be a useful training and motivation tool.

holmesg

There is lots of data floating around the districts and classrooms.  The questions is . . . how can it be used to drive decisions to impact teaching and mastery learning?  So I think there would be value in having a webinar on data driven decisions to promote mastery learning. 

zienabsayedahmedmostafa@gmail.com

Using technological tools in teaching

emansisy

I want webinar in which teachers   tell us their successful experience with their students.