4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 9:08 AM by karankhanna

Game Changing Digital Resources

julesfischy

Marianthe Williams blogged  Game Changer - Microsoft in Education - One Note Classroom Creator | K-12 Blueprint shared her thoughts on why One Note Class Creator is a game changer.  I agree with anthy - I wish that I had started using One Note a decade ago when a parent shared it as a resource- but I just didn't get the connection until the past few years. If you haven't check out Microsoft One Note Teacher Resources it is worth your time. 

What other Game Changing Digital Resources have you discovered lately?  I know many Engage members have been attending or participating in professional development sessions and I think others would be interested in what you have learned or what you have shared that went over well with educators.

NaomiHarm, blancaedu, MrsSmoke. bonnie_feather, susangauthier, vkajones, glen_w, mdconley57, tjohnston, lsrdhunter@msn.com can you get this started and share what you have seen? 

• Re: Game Changing Digital Resources
          glen_w

julesfischy this is a timely question. I've had an ongoing email discussion with my principal regarding the use of "Twitter" in our school. In his last response I was pleasantly surprised to hear him say "If we are not telling the story of what we do, who will?" While Twitter is not "new" to most people, I know my principal is looking to have a school "Twitter feed" that parents may follow. Imagine the power of parent discussions with co-workers as the feed is shown. I've been asked to help my principal understand how such a feed might be created and the options we have for sharing information with parents. (This could be a HUGE challenge due to a district policy that is over 10 years old. I might be involved in discussions at a higher level than my school.)

blancaedu

Game changer for me these past few weeks has been Versal. I love the way it allows learning to flow and I appreciate the ease of use. I'm not sure that I totally "got" the tool the first time I used it, but that combined with Google Classroom has been very powerful. I am especially drawn to tools that have a collaborative aspect to them. Learning to work with others is an important skill and one that cannot be built overnight. In order for us to help learners become leaders of tomorrow, it's important that we allow them time with collaborative tools, to learn, create and share with others.

julesfischy

blancaedu I had seen Versal in social media- but didn't really take the time to explore and check it out until you shared it.  I agree with your assessment that this can be a powerful tool - searched Graphite to see if any teachers have evaluated this resource or shared how they were using it and so far it isn't there. I wonder if any Engage members are using this resource and if they have any best practices to share.

karankhanna

Skype or any such app tool is also a useful to connect with peers and children all over the world . Besides it also would help in sharing common activities. For example : an experiment could be  carried out at one place and shared with many others at the same time, It would optimize the  use of resources and make learning a fun experience.. Have tried it with students before and it is wonderful