3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2015 6:01 PM by ndovu09

Tool Slam! This is your opportunity to shine!

jpillmon

Name a tool that you use in your classroom that you absolutely cannot do without. Tell us how it helps your students or you in your practice. I will go first.

Chrome Extension: How many times have you assigned a collaborative project to your students using Google Docs and you have  wondered who is working and how much did each student really contribute. Draftback lets you play back the revision history of any Google Doc you can edit. It's like going back in time to look over your students work to see who did what.

Go to the Chrome Store and check it out.

draftback.png

• Re: Tool Slam! This is your opportunity to shine!
          jpillmon

I would like for you to boast about the tool you can't live without. Let's get this party started!!!!!!!!

glen_w

I enjoy using Nearpod with my students. We use Nearpod as a formative assessment tool. I ask some questions where students must "draw" an answer. Most of my questions are "open ended" to allow students the opportunity to share their thinking.

ndovu09

Great question, I'm heavily into Google Classroom at the moment I'm loving the push of the homework, calendar other items being pushed out to my students. I really enjoy the easy marking and quick feedback so the students don't have to wait until the next time they, the teacher and their books are in the same room to read their difficult handwriting. (I do realise this isn't a creation tool!)

Teaching wise I love code.org I started our school computing curriculum this year with pencilcode and a plan to use python (which we still will) but code.org provides such easy to use coding stages for the children its allowed them to work at their own pace and with great enthusiasm, allowing me to support and push children as needed whilst they just fly. The teacher tool to allow you to look at the individual codes with the specific levels and children is fantastic.

Screenshot 2015-11-01 at 00.59.45 - Edited.png

Creation wise I'm using bookcreator a lot on the iPad due to its ability to incorporate lots of content and then publish ebooks the children can download regardless of device. There have been some great discussions on twitter on this topic and there are two fantastic padlets on it (another favourite tool) which are worth looking at @ictevangelist created a post on ios apps whilst Graham Andre used padlet to ask for suggestions for trainee teachers my own year 6 pupils came up with this list which again is mainly ios .