7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 10:35 AM by aijazshaikh

Expanding Your PLN

dougemints

It is a good time of the year to consider expanding your PLN....

A PLN is an educator’s Personalized Learning Network.  Your PLN is comprised of other personal and professional learners like yourself. It is powered by social media and technology which allows you to collect, share, communicate, collaborate and create with connected colleagues around the world at any time.

Obviously, if you are reading this discussion post you value the ideas and conversations shared at Intel Engage communities as a part of your PLN.

Here is a great article from Edutopia about getting started with a PLN. It has several ideas for getting started and how to manage one. 

How Do I Get a PLN? | Edutopia

One great way to add members to your PLN is to participate in and follow educational chats and discussions.  On Twitter, I like to follow the hashtag #intelengage.  Several members of my PLN use that hashtag.

What other advice do you have about connecting and collaborating with other educators globally?

What do you look for in other educators that you follow or add to your PLN?

glen_w JulieSzaj amcclung julesfischy

• Re: Expanding Your PLN
          aijazshaikh

PLN such a great network for teaching & learning process.that is very interesting way of collaborate learning & understanding world wide.  

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            iVelvet

As I build my PLN, I look for educators that have great ideas, of course, but simple and great ideas.  I want to be able to take ideas back to the classroom and have teachers run with them immediately!  Ideas that are proven to work, create efficiency in the classroom, and help teachers to shift more ownership to their learners.  Those people inspire me.  I want to hear more.  So, they are instantly part of my PLN! 

aijazshaikh

Dear being a chemistry professional those who feel any problem regarding chemistry they can ask their question I shall gave the answers with new ideas according to modern needs.

MBrownEdTech

I agree with you Doug, educational chats are a great way to meet new people to add to your PLN. My favorite chats are #IntelEngage and #KSEdChat

I strive to connect with others in my PLN on a daily basis. They re-energize my thinking. I just love the different perspectives and ideas that I get! I am so thankful for the Intel Engage Community and Twitter!

I also really enjoy following hashtags of conferences that I am attending or even unable to attend. Here are the ones that I will be focusing on this summer:

julesfischy

I agree with iVelvet about following people that give me ideas I can use and I agree with MBrownEdTech about following conference virtually some of the greatest ideas come from social media finds during conferences whether or not you are attending.  On twitter I like when people share Friday Follows- as I get to look at other people and resources to see if I want them to be part of my social network. 

glen_w

I try to connect with middle school teachers as well as science teachers on Twitter. I've had the opportunity to develop collaborative opportunities for my students thanks to Twitter conversations.

aijazshaikh

Dear Glen Westbroek you are doing great job working with middle school science teachers for collaborative learning in this way we enhance our knowledge during the sharing the ideas and discuss with each other on various topics of science.