3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2010 4:38 PM by susangauthier

Question - For a Poster Session, what is the best handout to give?

MrsSmoke

I'm finalizing my two poster session pieces for ISTE, but if it's a poster session where folks just stop by, what is the best handout to create for this? 

• Overview of my project with links in a short brochure?
      • Summary of the project in a case study form in a stapled two page handout?
      • PowerPoint slides in a handout?

I appreciate any ideas!

Thanks

• Re: Question - For a Poster Session, what is the best handout to give?
          glen_w

Smoke,

I really enjoyed the Poster Session I did previously. My handout was a flyer with a summary of the project as well as links and screenshots. I probably saw over 80 people - and had a fantastic time sharing the project with everyone who stopped by.

dougemints

I did a poster session in DC and was almost mauled by people.  I have two suggestions based on that experience.

ONE PAGE Handout- for simplicity of distribution and for cost of printing and hauling to the conference.  The one page handout says you you are, how to locate your information and poster details online, perhaps a screen shot to remind them what they are looking at.  Let them do the rest.

OLD BUSINESS CARDS- I needed to get rid of some old business cards, so I could get some fresh ones.  I took the old ones to the poster and had people write my twitter feed or take notes on the back.  They all disappeared!  (close to 300)

I would not plan on handing out copies of my presentation unless it is a limited number for extremely interested people.

The case study in a nice idea.  I wonder how you can get that to one page or print two sided?

Good luck!

Create a wiki with your project info and then give the link and contact info on a bookmark - Teachers Love bookmarks!