3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 11:29 AM by azneil Branched from an earlier discussion.

ISTE 2010 Poster Session Web 2.0 tools

dougemints

Visited with a poster presenter that had a nice list of 2.0 tools.

http://istecloudcomputing.weebly.com/links.html

Doug

• Re: ISTE 2010
          glen_w

Doug,

You provided a lot of links in the document. It is nice that these links have a short description of how each site works. I wonder how long it would take to provide classroom ideas for each of these tools. Inquiring minds always wonder "how could I do this with my students..."

dougemints

Some of the links I've not used before, some I won't probably use because they aren't really 2.0 sites just "very helpful" for educators.

I have used several of the ones listed from the poster session in recent months.

Here are a couple from the list:

I used Wallwisher as a place for people to "dock" their thoughts or research when working on a project.  An example of this, is a training that I did on PBL and the teachers visited several websites to learn what PBL feels like or looks like and added those thoughts to the wall on wallwisher.  I imagine this same idea could be used with other topics.

I had a teacher that I was coaching trying to create an economics unit for her 4th grade students.  She and I set up a LiveBinder that included tabs for each of the websites she wanted to display or visit during the unit.  Once added to the online "binder" she only had to bookmark and add one url to her classroom webpage for her upcoming study of economics.  When she opens the live binder, each page is featured on it's own tab, so loading the pages is quicker and easy to flip back and forth from and between.

Doug, I have never used Live Binders but do use wallwisher.  I use wallwisher not only as a parking lot for questions during a training, but I have also used it as a collaborative tool in several trainings I have facilitated, including the Essentials course.  Along with the blog and wiki, this is another great Web 2.0 tool that can be used in the classroom.

Other than the usual collaborative sites (Google Docs, etc)  do you use any other sites that you would be willing to share.

Neil