2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2011 12:27 PM by dgoodman_1958

Thinking Tools Rubrics

dgoodman_1958

I had a question asked of me today from the media coordinator at my school.  She is working with a group of boys in a Intel Unit she created on a literature study.  They are listening to books on their iPods, participating in discussions about the books and using the thinking tools for various activities throughout.  She has several rubrics for the different activities but asked if there were rubrics for the thinking tools themselves.  We both searched the Assessing Projects site.  We found several rubrics that addressed thinking processes.  Has anyone created rubrics specifically for the tools or are most using various rubrics based on what you are looking for in their answers?     

• Re: Thinking Tools Rubrics

Deborah, do you mean like for Visual Ranking whether the list of ideas addresses the question or if the prompt gives clear and specific information? I haven't used a rubric in that way, mainly it is the content that is included in the tool.

Interesting idea.

• Re: Thinking Tools Rubrics
              dgoodman_1958

JoAnn, I think she wants a rubric that actually assesses the use of the tool.  For example, did they rank the items, add comments of support for each item, compare and contrast rankings, etc.  She has them compare their rankings with the others in the group which leads to rich discussions and that is what you want to happen.  She has a variety of rubrics but wanted one on the tool itself  I would think a checklist would work in this case.  I wonder if anyone has created a rubric such as this?.