12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 7:22 PM by glen_w

MTs and STs - Intel and the US PresidentThanks YOU

Hi Folks

Yesterday Intel had the honor of hosting the President of the United States at our Intel facility in Hillsboro Oregon. The event was kicked off by our CEO Paul Otellini- where he recognized the excellent work done by Intel Teach trainers in the US and around the world. The President then got up and acknowledged the good work of our programs- as the global K-12 manager- I want to add my thanks and congratulations- our programs would be nothing without YOU!

You can see the whole speech at http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2011/02/18/out-educating-competition

Here's a photo from the event (credit for the picture goes to Shelley Shott). You guys were  in the room with us "in spirit" and I wanted you to know we were all celebrating your good work.

Paige

Obama_at_intel.jpg

• Re: MTs and STs - Intel and the US PresidentThanks YOU
          dgoodman_1958

How cool is that!  We've known for years how great Intel is, now the world knows.  I appreciate President Obama for his focus on education and highlighting the great things going on through Intel.  My wish is for every educator to be educated in the resources that Intel has to offer.  How, can we collectively make this happen? 

Wow...that makes me smile...thanks for sharing! Great question about spreading the Intel love (resources). Since I am back in a school my entire perspective has changed for PD. Teachers are so stressed out that any kind of in your face sharing of info does not work AT ALL...they don't have time. I have taken on a sneaky secret agent man approach to sharing the Intel resources. Presenting a training is out of the question for me so I sneak in an Intel resource (including Engage)  here and there wether it is with a club, sharing research techniques or just in our PLCs. It is so awesome because when I share then they see the power of the tool and they get so excited..I just respond with oh that little ole site. Yeah it is good! They take the ownership of the tool and it wasn't me pushing it at them. I treat this like that fabulous dress you have in your closet (which you hope still fits) but you pull out for special occasions and you absolutely wow the crowds with it! You aren't going to respond and say yes it is so great but you step back and take the compliments! How do you spread the Intel love?

This is an honor indeed and will be a source of great motivation for all STs/MTs around the world!

sadiasyed

Wow, its a great honour for every individual attached to Intel. I wish every educator should have an access to Intel Education resources

• Re: MTs and STs - Intel and the US President Thanks YOU
                  MrsSmoke

LIKE LIKE

LIKE LIKE

LIKE LIKE

LIKE LIKE

What a wonderful opportunity for our president to see what we've known for so long - we can make a difference in education and young peoples' lives.

Thank you. I always feel great to be a part of this community as a teacher and trainer. BUT it is an honor for all of us that US president asknowledged OUR program and OUR effort around the world. I wish to God that this should not only restrict to US only but our leaders should also realize the revolution in education as brought about by Intel Education with its unique theme and content.

Congrats!
                    Way to go.

holmesg

What an honor to be in the company of so many great educators and the icing on the cake with whip cream on top is to be acknowledged by President Obama.  I have nothing but paise for INTEL and the teachers who support their great efforts!

glen_w

Paige,

I am so excited you and the team were recognized for the work of Intel Teach. As one who has enjoyed seeing progress in both students and teachers, I express my gratitude for Intel's support of the program. While teachers have been the participants in the trainings, students win in the end. I have enjoyed students returning to my classroom after several years. These students express disappointment when other teachers do not provide the same technology opportunities. The students share their gratitude for technology opportunities provided in my classroom. Intel Teach is to thank for these opportunities.

I'm interested in knowing how many students Intel Teach might have influenced over the years.

I am so excited to be a part of this great community of educators.  It is very encouraging to hear that our President also recognizes the contributions of the Intel community to education.  Thanks Intel for initiating this movement!

glen_w

On the heals of this exciting visit and speech comes the news that the US House OKs Cuts to Array of Ed. Programs, From Literacy to Teaching STEM. Does this mean we are looking at the possibility our students will lose the STEM education that has so recently been considered important? With the surge of "Tea Party" elected officials, is this something you think we should and/or could help influence?

I'm considering putting up a "poster" at this week's Parent Teacher conference reminding parents how important STEM education is for their own child. What suggestions do you have for that poster?

NaomiHarm

Thanks to all of you- my Intel family members- for providing me the courage and hope these last two weeks when I have needed it the most. It has been very, very difficult going into WI training's when the teachers and administrators have been so down in their spirits due to the state of our educational downfall in WI. I have showcased President Obama's video clip from the Intel event in my past two weeks Intel Element training's, and his message and the Intel Family corporation is providing many hope.

I have feel blessed to know each of you on a personal and a professional level, and just being a very small part of the Intel family reiterates that we are doing the right thing for educators and students and we are appreciated on so many levels without realizing the positive impact we are leaving with many.

Keep up the great work everyone- and kuddos to you!

Naomi