20 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 2:03 PM by azneil

April Fool

julesfischy

What do you do for April Fool's?

Do you try to "fool"  your students? What about your family?

Did you ever think about the history of April Fool's?

Do you have any plans for April 1, 2011? Or share how you are "fooled"?

• Re: April Fool

This is so fun Julia , I do believe that teachers should have good sense of humor , students like this and it builds good relation between the teacher and his students. Actually , in Egypt we call it " Kethbet April " and everyone is very aware on this day , so that he won't be fooled

. For this year's fool , I think that we in Egypt has many issues to fool others with .. i.e " I want to be elected to be the new prisdent and I need your support ". LOL

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              glen_w

Mahmoud,

I enjoyed the Google visual mail April Fool's joke. I hope before too long they are able to create something with similar functions.

Do you need any of us in other countries to vote for your run to become Egypt's president ?

glen_w

I am known for wearing a unique tie to work everyday. I've had students return to Middle School and drop by "to see what tie" I am wearing. I have a t-shirt with a printed tie on it. My plan is to wear the t-shirt to work tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how my students respond to this "tie."

I look forward to hearing how others plan to enjoy the day.

check April's fool on google's way ...

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

julesfischy

I found this link of the Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes - via facebook.  What I like about it is that it has fools from all different sources and locations. 

tlmaves

Everybody get your thinking caps on...we have a year to plan...we will totally spoof our Engage page next year for April Fools. We need ideas, writers, faux videos, images, etc. It isn't too early to start planning now!  We will take a lesson out of Google's playbook. Take a look at their home page and click on the link, "Gmail in motion".  I laughed so hard I cried!

Check email notifications on this thread if you want to be involved. Seriously--this will provide the creative outlet for your goofy side.

julesfischy

Theresa - I think this is a great idea!  And knowing this community I am sure they could help generate some crazy ideas! I look forward to hearing what they have to share.

glen_w

Goofy side is what being a middle school teacher is all about. I look forward to having some fun with this activity next year. I'm glad to know we have 364 days to plan.

Theresa, for those who are still in the classroom, why don't we see what the students could come up with--technology wise.  That might prove interesting.  :-)

Neil

glen_w

Neil ... I guess that would be me . I'm sure my students would LOVE compiling a list of technology April Fool's ideas to share with the group. I'll have to explore this further when it is appropriate.

you know I think I'm not a funny one because I didn't do any April fools before,but I 'll try to do it next year.

This was a suggestion on the radio station for your fellow workers.  You take a screen shot of the desk top and then hide all the icons and replace it with the screen shot.  The mouse works, but nothing else.  I would not do this to my fellow workers, but I thought it was an interesting idea. 

Hi Linda,

That is an interesting idea. It reminds me of the April Fools my co-worker pulled on me this year. I came into work that morning and my mouse would not function. For a while I used the tab and enter keys to navigate but then it began to concern me. I began to check my plugs to make sure nothing was loose. Then finally I looked under the mouse for a reset button and found a sticky note that said April Fools! I had to laugh because I was moving my mouse back and forth and because the sensor was blocked my arrow would not budge. What made it even funnier is that I was looking for a reset button and only wireless mouses have reset buttons

glen_w

Feli,

Your post on the sticky note under the mouse got me laughing so hard I almost started crying. I shared it with my wife - she picked up her mouse and began laughing as well. What a fun April Fool's joke ... no one gets hurt nor are they made fun of.

My fiance calls from work to chat during his break. On this past April 1st, he tricked me. We were on the phone and he suddenly had to go. I assumed he just had to get back to work and didn't think anything of it. Next thing I realized, he was walking into the house. I had no idea he was coming home. I hadn't seen him in two days because of our work schedules, so it was a great April Fool's. Nonetheless, he had me fooled.