25 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2011 12:24 AM by iffatmsd@gmail.com

why do we study

why do we study?  What are the thread that force us to study, after i finished my college i taught i stop learning. But when i got a job it keep me studying and learning.

anyone please

• Re: why do we study
          charity mulig-cruz

I think studying enables us to survive. Our community/environment keeps changing and the only way we can adapt is to change with it. Changing ourselves involves studying.

fbobo

Studying keeps the mind sharp and focused. We should always strive to satisfy our inner curiosity for what is behind the next door. Yes, I must agree as educators, we have this inner passion to know more as we live.

I believe curiosity is a natural instinct that has been ingrained in a human being... we all carry a passion of learning more and more....the only difference is that the interests are different and even that is also because our Creator wanted diversity...

As far as i am concerned, whenever i get to meet a person and he/she tells me something that i dont know of...honeslty i feel surprised yet it makes me realize that there is so much that i dont know off...and there is so much i have to learn....

I tried to answer your question...hope it helped...

sadiasyed

I think learning is a life long process. It does not end with school or college education. We study to know. The desire to know (curiosity) is in human instinct. We study to attain new heights of progess. It is study that quench the thirst of knowledge...

Sadia, I totally agree with you.  But, having said that, why is it that students are so reluctant to study? I believe it is because they do not see the usefulness of study and therefore won't do it.  It is so important that we, as teachers, create lessons that make them "want" to study.  It's just like reading a book that you can't put down-the need to see what comes next.  In my opinion, that's the environment we need to create for our students.  Study is finding out what comes next.

Neil

sadiasyed

Neil, I am agree with you that Teacher is the real magic to transform bookish knowlege into a living life time experience for the student. If I cite Pakistani experiece here a lot many teachers are making difference in their respective fields to motivate students with an aim to ensure quality education in the country. 

We study ' to know". To know what is going on around us. To know how to live life in a proper way. Study does not only  that we are reading getting certificates after certificates. Study makes the person's mind open give him breathing space and able him ' to think ' .

میرے خیال میں انسان ماں کی گود سے قبر کی لہ تک سیکتا رہتا ہے. اسکے لئے اسے سکول ، کالج یا یونیورسٹی جانے کے ضرورت باقائدہ تعلیم کے لئے پڑھتی ہے. سیکھنے کا علم سانس چلنے کے ساتھ جاری رہتا ہے. چاہئے انسان کسی بھی زندگی کے موڑ ہو. خواہ وہ کسی تعلیمی ادارے میں ہو یا کوسی نوکری پر وہ ہر روز اپنی پانچوں حسوں کی مدد سے کچھ نہ کچھ ضرور سیکھتا ہے.

علم حاصل کرنے کا مقصد انسان کو اپنی اور اپنے پیدا کرنے والے کی شناخت کرنےاورخود کو دورے جدید کے قابل بنانے کے لئے ہے.

کامران ساقی

to keep up with the chagnes that is happening so fast.

so as not to be left behind..

to better adapt and overcome challenges

to be human

dougemints

I think that as we age, we realize how much we don't know.  A life-long learner accepts that they don't know everything and seeks out opportunities to learn more about the situations that they face.

Also, it seems that the more you know the more you realize how much there is to know.  Perhaps the segement of the population that does not value education, does not fully understand the world around them and how much we can learn from the past, present, and pondering the future.

we study to learn about the world around us and how can we train ourselves to adapt to it and survive in it

I study because I love learning new things. I learn because… huh. I never really thought about it! I learn because I am facinated by things and I want to know how they work and why they work. I’m currently interested in learning more about social media marketing, using Facebook for business and the explosion of new media. I’m not sure what I want to learn about tomorrow. Maybe some other comments will inspire me!

I think we study to find out more about what we want to know. Regarding students -- I think some study because they want to do well on tests and prepare for their future. Some study because they just want to know more or want to clarify what they think they know. I also think that, just as people don't like to be told what to do, that most students don't like to be told what to study and, so, don't study much at all, at least for school. None of this is based on data I have collected, just what I think. Perhaps I should study up on this issue.

What do you think?

Due to the survival of the fittest.

Some times we study just for entertainment. Sometimes to know more. Sometimes to pass an exam or test etc. Sometimes for pastime. But whatever the purpose is, we always know and learn by study. So we should keep studying.

fbobo

I believe we study to become well rounded individuals. We study to quench our thirst for knowledge and see into the unknown. I are all curious being, therefore, we have to see what is around the next corner.

We are studying for many reasons:!!! Every individuals has its own reason why are they studying...                                                                                         and i believe that only education  can help us in our future..  sometimes many trials and circumstances                                                                               comes in our lives until it comes to the point that we dont want     to study anymore.. i find it difficult to study but then i realized  not to give up... i grown up well  and my parents raised me orderly..  im studying hard to prove  that all of the payments in my  tuition are all worth it and i dont want to waste it..                                                                          

We are studying  because we are preparing for our future and for a better life.......It help us to be a profesional someday and to be a good persons and help us in living a better life by making us able to earn a respectable life and help our nation to achieve presence  in the nation.