2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2011 6:43 PM by mhtcjmgenter

Are we ready for a sixth sense?

Pattie Maes from MIT demonstrates a wearable device with a projector that paves the way for profound interaction with our environment. This video is 2 years old so I'm not sure how advanced it has come since then. Are we ready for this? What does the Cloud have to say about us? Maybe it will get students to think about what they put on the web. How much is too much information?

• Re: Are we ready for a sixth sense?
          julesfischy

JoAnn - thanks for sharing- I hadn't seen that video- but it did make me stop and think.  I didn't look to see where the technology has gone - but I like the idea of showing and sharing innovative ideas like this with students to get them thinking. 

One of my favorite activities was something that I offered all my students and that was submitting an idea/ project in the Toshiba- Exploravision compeitition.  It was great to see them think about technology and science and share their ideas and research on what could be the next big thing. 

If students then stop and think about what they are doing and what that might look like in 30 years it might change what they think.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Are we ready for a sixth sense?

There must be something wrong with the website because I tried to link a couple times and the database was having difficulties but I agree if we get them to start thinking about where we are going we might be surprised. They certainly are the future and pushing them to think a little more creatively is key to the students being successful.