5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 1:30 PM by tshilidzit@gmail.com

designing Online Learning course

I am a proponent of online learning and i think  is something we all have to embrace.but does it enable new forms of learning ?in some quarters,they claim it overload the mind,i do not think so.what is yout take on this?

• Re: designing Online Learning course
          Bonnie Feather

Learning online is different in some unique ways from face-to-face learning.  Have you been involved with any training regarding facilitating online learning?

Thanks for your prompt response.I have recently registered a post graduate course.I am a senior trainer for Intel in South Africa.I would appreciate it more if you copuld share your experience with me.

Bonnie Feather

Mr. Tshiredo,

I have been fortunate to participate in training to be an online facilitator for several national organizations heere in the US.  Trainings are still offered from time to time, though I believe there is a fee.  A book I recommend is "Facilitating Online Learning."   I know it may be difficult for some in our community here to obtain this book, but there is other information on the Internet on the topic of learning how to be a good online facilitator.  The author of this book has other interesting information, including this site

As a facilitator online, one must first decide if s/he is to be a "teacher" or a "facilitator."  Then one must create the resources in a course accordingly.  Especially important are the online discussions, and the decisions regarding assessment of participant learning.

I will do what I can to assist you to learn more about developing online learning courses.

I do believe you can learn a lot by participating in online learning yourself.  Do I understand that you will be participating in some online coursework through your graduate studies?

~Bonnie

Dear Bonnie

It lack words to express the joy i have particularly when recieving a resonse from someone like you from USA,it really feels good.I am now facing the punch of undestanding this type of learning"online learning".your response has instrinsically motivated me and i want to assure you that i will do my best to overcome this exciting but unfamiliar environment.I just had my first class and my first task was to understand  the major instructional/learning design theories that have informed online materials development.I am yet to decide which one i will use to design my online course .I plan to design a project based learning course on ICT training to teachers or learners.indeed the world has recently shrinked to such a small space,a teacher from Mpumalanga province,SA,charting with you in the States... Thanks again for the reference,i will now have a look at the site.

Onlin   learning courses can  help  us a lot .