7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 12:56 PM by glen_w

Saved responses in digital viewer showing up elsewhere

dadams6@kumc.edu

I have had numerous students in my TWT course reporting that responses entered into the digital viewer are showing up in fields later in the course. The original response is still there, but the content is repeated. For example, an entry in the "Login Information" section of the Overview appears in Module 4, Activity 3 assessment plan.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?  Changing/deleting the text in the later section also changes the earlier section, so it doesn't help to just remove the text. Students have lost earlier responses when they overwrote them with the new text.

Doug Adams

• Re: Saved responses in digital viewer showing up elsewhere
          feli28

Hi Doug,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

To help research and resolve the problem, can you please provide the following information:

1. Manual version (Date on the front of your CD label)
          2. What browser and version are you using?
          3. What is your operating system?

We appreciate your cooperation in helping us to resolve this issue.

Feli Overturf

Intel Education Customer Support

vkajones

Doug are they saving their work and then opening up the correct file? Could they have different saved versions of their work from the viewer?  If you answer questions in section one, are you saying that some of that work they entered, may now appear in a text box in module 4?   Does it happen after they reopen the saved twt viewer file or does it happen even when they have not saved the file and reopened it.

Vanessa

dadams6@kumc.edu

"If you answer questions in section one, are you saying that some of that  work they entered, may now appear in a text box in module 4?"

That's exactly it.  And it happened after opening a saved zip file. I don't think it could have anything to do with opening the wrong file. It happened to me and I only have the one file. No one noticed it the first day, so it might only happen when the file is re-opened. However the first day we weren't very far along so it might be that the text was there in Module 4 (or wherever) from the start.

glen_w

Doug,

This was a problem with my TWT training as well. We also discovered HTML code showing up in random boxes before teachers entered their answers in the boxes.

I strongly suggest following the work-around of putting answers into a Word document and saving that document.

Teacher.training and the Viewer developmental team have been VERY supportive. I had a wonderful phone call to explain the problem in detail. My participants shared their zip files. I hope the problem is resolved shortly so no one else becomes frustrated.