Looking forward to talking with everyone on Tuesday evening! I'm Howard J Martin and I work with teachers in Austin, Texas as an Instructional Support Technology Specialist. I am returning to the Intel Webinar stage, this time to discuss a few mobile apps for the classroom.
I'm as guilty as the next guy for being a fan of the free apps, but I like to focus on how the apps are being used constructively in the classroom. Tuesday evening, I will be sharing a few ways that students can use the iPad (and other mobile tools) to create and share with the class, for free! I also a big fan of photography in the classroom, so I will focus on a couple of photography apps as well.
See y'all there!
I am so excited about this evening's webinar! Mobile applications for education is has taken flight and teachers and students alike are having a ball learning. I just recently became a Tech Integrationist in the Lakin District! We are in the beginning stages of implementing more technology into the classrooms. I am pleased to announce that we have a small lab of six iPad 2's to use in the district! I have been learning tons about applications for all age groups and cannot wait to share a few tonight!!
This was an excellent presentation. I'm so glad to have seen all these wonderful ideas. I am leaving with lots of ideas for my classroom and can't wait to try the camera apps! We've been using cameras, but the annotation process has been difficult and we've used pen & the printed pic. Can't wait to try some of the apps with my ipod, ipad(oldone) and the desktops.
To access the recording- click on View the recorded webinar.
Here are some of the resources that were shared in the chat during the presentation.
- Howards' Presentation - http://goo.gl/bYzvB
- Mailinator - http://mailinator.com/
- Creating dummy email accounts for web 2.0 tools - http://sites.fcps.org/trt/sites/default/files/tony/Creating%20Dummy%20Google%20Accounts.pdf
- Screenchomp- http://labs.techsmith.com/
- picsay - http://www.picsaypro.com/
- Sonicpics - http://www.sonicpics.com/public/index.php
- Mac/Apple Apps -http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/
- Android Apps -https://market.android.com/apps/EDUCATION?hl=en
- Edmodo- http://www.edmodo.com/
- Remind 101 - http://remind101.com
I had registered for the webinar, got the reminders, etc., but totally zoned when it aired. Just watched the replay. Thanks for recording the webinar; I got some good ideas. Sorry I missed the interaction. Also, thanks for posting all the links from the webinar.
Screenchomp is great - a bit like the livescribe pen. I do wish it asked if you'd like to save the screencast.